Error 775.... SWM has no light

Ok let's see if I can make this make more sense!! The box I ordered came in today and I hooked it up and I am back up and running!! Thank you so much to those people that took the time and patience to reply to me even though I was a headache!!! You guys rock!!!!!!

Ok let's see if I can make this make more sense!! The box I ordered came in today and I hooked it up and I am back up and running!! Thank you so much to those people that took the time and patience to reply to me even though I was a headache!!! You guys rock!!!!!!
No headache at all Melinda. That's what we are here for. Sounds like your power inserter simply went bad. I'm glad it was such an easy fix for you.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Thank you to you and everyone else that helped me!!! I hope this may help someone else in the future. Do so at your own risk!!! Thanks again!!!!
Also if you dont mind could you recap so that's someone else has this problem they will now what steps to take even though they outcome maynit be as easy as mine? It's just alot easier than dealing with them trying to get more money out of you!

Reactions: Howard Simmons
The first step was finding the Power Insertor for the 775 error ... sometimes thats not easy.
When you said the PI didn't have its light on, that was the 1st clue (unless the light blew out which would be really a low possibility.)
Check the outlet to make sure power is not turned off at a switch.

The newer dishes (SWM) ... not new now mind you ...require power from the PI that you replaced as it was bad to run the whole set up.
Back in the old days, that power came directly from each recvr.

I have 2 HD receivers and have had DirecTV for about 2 years or longer. I went home on break yesterday and found this error code on both of my tvs.

I called them and they said because I moved it out of the room it was installed in a year ago, that's why it's not working. I don't know anything about this but that just doesn't sound right to me!! They want to charge me 40.00 to come install it in the room that it was moved to.

I did some research online yesterday and bought another box from Amazon.

So when it gets here tomorrow do I just plug it in and I'm good to go? Also, do you think it could be something other than the box? Thanks in advance!
sounds like the power supply might be bad,, the inserted that feeds power to the dish

The first step was finding the Power Insertor for the 775 error ... sometimes thats not easy.
When you said the PI didn't have its light on, that was the 1st clue (unless the light blew out which would be really a low possibility.)
Check the outlet to make sure power is not turned off at a switch.

I believe the light also goes out if there is a short...

They are unregulated switching power supplies similar to any other wall wart. Those can definitely go bad, though with the brick that huge for such a small output power they should at least be pretty immune to overheating related damage even if you don't keep them well ventilated. They probably figured most would end up jammed behind home entertainment centers, and some would end up in attics enduring temps of up to 150 degrees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)