775 help please

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

casey spradlin

Original poster
May 11, 2017
us
Need some help with my R22 intermittently loosing signal strength and displaying 775 error. I had to install a new dish as roofers threw away my old round 18” single LNB dish. I found a SL3S4NR4 LNB and put it on one of the large oval shaped dark gray dishes (don’t have dimensions right now) with the multi angle (HD) adjustments and ordered a SWIM to connect the two. 98% signal strength. Are these components compatible? I am unsure of the cable type connecting the LNB to the SWIM. Does that matter? It didnt have any markings on it. No problems with this error until had to change dishes. Thanks for the help.

Need some help with my R22 intermittently loosing signal strength and displaying 775 error. I had to install a new dish as roofers threw away my old round 18” single LNB dish. I found a SL3S4NR4 LNB and put it on one of the large oval shaped dark gray dishes (don’t have dimensions right now) with the multi angle (HD) adjustments and ordered a SWIM to connect the two. 98% signal strength. Are these components compatible? I am unsure of the cable type connecting the LNB to the SWIM. Does that matter? It didnt have any markings on it. No problems with this error until had to change dishes. Thanks for the help.
Did you re run the Repeat Sat Set Up ?
You'll need to know what dish it is ... is it a SL or a SWM set up .
I'll presume its a SWM set up seeing your using a Power Inserter (PI).
If your using the SWM set up, make sure the LNB is also a SWM LNB.

Ok, it looks like that model LNB is a SWM, so your alright there ...
When your line leaves the LNB, what is the next thing its connected to ?
Recvr, splitter , switch, PI ?

Need more info.

First off, your R22 is VERY old and may well need to be replaced. If you call AT&T and tell them it's dead, won't even boot up, they will send out a tech to replace it, likely with an HR24. He will fix your dish at that time. In the mean time, installing a dish can be tricky. Is the mast plumb? It must be. What is the signal strength on all of the satellites?

Reactions: Jimbo
First off, your R22 is VERY old and may well need to be replaced. If you call AT&T and tell them it's dead, won't even boot up, they will send out a tech to replace it, likely with an HR24. He will fix your dish at that time. In the mean time, installing a dish can be tricky. Is the mast plumb? It must be. What is the signal strength on all of the satellites?
Hey Chip,
Does the R22 work with SWM ?
I think it does, but not sure.

I think your idea is even better, report it dead and let them replace/ update everything.

Hey Chip,
Does the R22 work with SWM ?
I think it does, but not sure.

I think your idea is even better, report it dead and let them replace/ update everything.
Yes they are compatible.

A little confused here ...

The LNB model is already a SWiM integrated type. So what does the OP mean by that he then ordered a "SWiM to connect the two?"

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone. This is on my motor home down at my lake lot. So calling tech in to change out is not a good option. Pole is plumb. I’ll check all the sat signals when I get back home from vacation.

HoTat2. So I don’t need a SWiM? I just assumed I did because my genie needed one inside my house.

Chip. Did not install inverter, do I need one and what is this. Not familiar with this? Part number?

Jimbo. Coax connected from LNB To SWiM then from SWiM to H22.

terminology problem I think. I think you are calling the power inserter an SWM.
Should be LNB to the power passing port on a power inserter. Then from the Power inserter to the R22. If you connect the lnb to the wrong port on the Power Inserter the dish will not be powered correctly.

He mentioned that he has 98* SS ...
Could he be pointing at the wrong Sat and getting those signals ?

I'm still not sure what dish he's using, is it a Slimline dish ?

So this problem is intermittent so I don’t think I have fried anything

so 2 questions
Does the type of cyoax matter?

do I need a pi or SWiM in the circuit or does the lnb that I have have one built in?

Could lnb be bad?

thanks everyone

You need the dish with an SWM LNB fitted. You need a correctly connected power inserter. That's all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)