Direct TV Satellite Locations

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BigDinCO

Original poster
Jan 26, 2015
Colorado
Morning!

I'm sure the answer to this is somewhere in this forum but I'm trying to work and don't have a lot of " click time " to go searching for it.

That said...

I have a new install scheduled for for this Saturday the 31st and want to know what dish will most likely be installed and what satellites I'll need to pick up for it to be a success? I'm in a tight spot with some trees and limited on dish placement due to HOA bullsh*t (condo) I'm in Colorado 80021 and texted the installer yesterday after rescheduling my appointment last Wednesday who told me I need an opening at 163degrees which with the research I have done It's my understanding I need to be able to pick up 99W 101W and 103W

I'm also curious if I can get service at the 101W 110W and 119W locations with the order below

2nd tier HD Pack with Local - Genie System in 4 rooms

Your insight to this matter is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
D :hatsoff

Welcome to satelliteguys!

You will only need line of sight to the 99, 101 and 103. The 110 is not really used for CONUS and the 119 is Spanish programming and some smaller market local channels.

Reactions: BigDinCO
the tech was spot on! according to your location, DirecTV satellites are located @ 165 degrees azimuth. so you would need about 5 degrees all around, although DirecTV likes 10.

Since your local sd channels are on 101, you don't need to worry about 119. That makes your viewing window much smaller than if you needed to get 119.

Morning!

I'm sure the answer to this is somewhere in this forum but I'm trying to work and don't have a lot of " click time " to go searching for it.

That said...

I have a new install scheduled for for this Saturday the 31st and want to know what dish will most likely be installed and what satellites I'll need to pick up for it to be a success? I'm in a tight spot with some trees and limited on dish placement due to HOA bullsh*t (condo) I'm in Colorado 80021 and texted the installer yesterday after rescheduling my appointment last Wednesday who told me I need an opening at 163degrees which with the research I have done It's my understanding I need to be able to pick up 99W 101W and 103W

I'm also curious if I can get service at the 101W 110W and 119W locations with the order below

2nd tier HD Pack with Local - Genie System in 4 rooms

Your insight to this matter is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
D :hatsoff

There are a few channels on the 119 that are in most of the English packages - NBC universo (mun2), HITN, Once, Enlace, Unimas west HD, V-me, CCTV-English news. If any of those interest you, you'll need a 5-LNB dish. Otherwise, a 3-LNB will suffice.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)