Direct tv second home questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nodakskip

Original poster
Jan 6, 2011
north dakota
Have some direct tv questions. I got direct tv on one of the lower cost packages for 1 year deal. It has now been past one year so thats up and I am up to regular price. My parents also have direct tv with mostly the same channel line up I have.

I have heard from a few people that I can cancel my account and be put on my parents account with just the cost of a monthly fee for a receiver? And get programing from their account at my place. We are both are in the same zip code and get the same local channels.

Is this possible? Also I got my dish for free when I signed up for the year deal. If I cancel my account will the dish be taken back as well as the receivers or is that mine to keep and thus re use.

What you propose is illegal. If you are caught, you would be subject to civil and even criminal penalties.

What you propose is illegal. If you are caught, you would be subject to civil and even criminal penalties.
Until you get caught you can get away with account stacking. Directv has a history of prosecuting thiefs that steal their signals.

D* & E* both are advocating this kind of behavior with their never ending sky high prices.
Think about this for a second. The most basic pkg like select @ $44.99 monthly will very likely be $104.99 monthly in 20 yrs. That little $3.00 a year increase that most people just shrug off will just continue until the only people that can afford TV will be account stackers & the well off...............

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts