direct tv self install help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chriss

Original poster
Oct 8, 2004
I'm trying to get direct tv set up, and so far I've gotten zero signal from the dish. I've got a triple LNB dish plugged into the reciever with an RG-6 cable, and its pointed roughly in the correct direction. But moving the dish around, searching for the signal yeilds not results. The 'auto configure' function say that it cannot recognize the switch type as well, almost like it doesn't even know that its plugged into the dish...anyone have any clues? Thanks in advance.

I've got the dish hooked directly into the reciever - there's nothing in between. And yes, I've got it set up on the correct skew and elevation for my zip code. I've gotta be missing something!!!!

If you have a compass, find the direction the dish needs to go, very slowly move the dish back and forth. (and slightly adjust elevation both ways) It would help If you have a way of hooking a small tv and the receiver directly to the dish where you can see and hear results. Is the RG6 new? recheck connections and or try other RG6 if no luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)