Direct TV to DISH

I guess my question is I have Google TV, Nvida Shield I dont need the plus. IF I want the next best thing what should I get? Can I have them install the Hopper 3 with the 4k boxes and just unplug the plus ?

For some, I find it quite easy.

And while I still have a live TV service for news and Big Ten Football (YTTV), I prefer to watch shows from Broadcast/Cable Channels on the streaming services for the better quality ( 1080P, some are in 4K now and Dolby Digital+).
Hmm-currently watching Purdue/Indiana on ESPN.DD+ on Dish.Stereo on my Roku.

Hmm-currently watching Purdue/Indiana on ESPN.DD+ on Dish.Stereo on my Roku.
Does your receiver say Dolby digital with a plus?

Do you not get Dolby Digital Plus on Dish ?
Occasionally. Since most cable channels offer DD5.1 at best (satellite and cable can send only one version and DD+ isn't as backwards compatible as Dolby claims it is), you shouldn't expect to see it much from any MVPD.
Also the 4k programming is pretty limited in Direct TV. How is it in DISH ?
Much more limited.

Reactions: charlesrshell
With the Hopper Plus you get access to other services, say you also subscribe to Hulu and discover you get access to all Fox, ABC, FX ,etc shows that are on Broadcast/Cable Channels, then you may question why you pay for both.
Subscribing to services that overlap is a matter of choice. There is more to Hulu than the broadcast networks (that you may already have available for free via OTA).

Hmm-currently watching Purdue/Indiana on ESPN.DD+ on Dish.
I missed the Purdue .vs. Indiana game but I just checked NC .vs. Duke and my AVR says DD. The same is true for the other three hoops matches that ESPN is showing as I type. I'm using a Hopper w/Sling and a relatively new Onkyo AVR.

Does your receiver say Dolby digital with a plus?
Plus is only if you have more than 5 Channels. Most people dont have more than 5 channels. I have a 40k dollars surround sound system built with QSC Audio, Marantz . The difference between Dolby + is minimal the bigger difference is Uncompressed audio. Its a night and day difference and no streaming service pushes uncompressed audio because the masses cant tell the difference between 2 channel and 5 channel. The entire Industry is a complete joke.

Plus is only if you have more than 5 Channels.
No it is not-
Dolby Digital Plus™ (E-AC-3) provides up to twice the efficiency of Dolby Digital while adding new features like 7.1-ch audio, support for descriptive video services, and support for Dolby Atmos (but more on that later).

No it is not-
Dolby Digital Plus™ (E-AC-3) provides up to twice the efficiency of Dolby Digital while adding new features like 7.1-ch audio, support for descriptive video services, and support for Dolby Atmos (but more on that later).

Doubly Digital Plus is still compressed. Yes its slightly better than DD with the extra channel but its not worth ripping your entire system apart. I have found 5.2 or 7.2 is plenty. Uncompressed, DTS-HD and TRUE-HD are night and say difference in experience however you have to have a pretty good system that can perform. My entire system is build from what they use in the movie theaters. DSP, QSC Audio, 1000 per channel, speakers that can handle massive amounts of power. But here is the kicker. With all of that said and done there are about 12 or so title I listen too. The Biggest problem is the movie industry is turning out pure crapola. I have most of the old classic titles and they sound great but the latest movie I have in True HD is Blade Runner 2049. I have tons of ocncerts that sound amazing but again there are about 8 or so that are mixed properly.

They aren't alone in this. The music industry and popular music streaming services are doing much the same.
Speaking of which I got a bill for Sirus radio. They sent me a bill for Jan for 25 bucks a month. I ended up with a years service for 75 bucks. This streaming stuff is falling apart. They are doing anything and everything to hold it together. I just most are tuning out because the products provide pure crap. I find myself using Rumble and YouTube now 80 percent of the time. I never watch tv much anymore. Its not worth it.

Speaking of which I got a bill for Sirus radio. They sent me a bill for Jan for 25 bucks a month. I ended up with a years service for 75 bucks. This streaming stuff is falling apart. They are doing anything and everything to hold it together. I just most are tuning out because the products provide pure crap. I find myself using Rumble and YouTube now 80 percent of the time. I never watch tv much anymore. Its not worth it.
My customers always get a look of astonishment on their faces. When I tell them, I don’t have Dish Network and actually, I don’t have any kind of cable TV and that I could never understand why people pay all this money to watch four or five channels.

Fact is, I watch YouTube more than anything

Last edited:
My customers always get a look of astonishment on their faces. When I tell them, I don’t have Dish Network and actually, I don’t have any kind of cable TV and that I could never understand why people pay all this money to watch for five channels.

Fact is, I watch YouTube more than anything
I like your style

Reactions: HipKat
Now dish is pushing the Hopper 2.... I mean is this even a legit company.. This is an absolute joke

1675812156854.png

Now dish is pushing the Hopper 2.... I mean is this even a legit company.. This is an absolute joke

View attachment 160629
That pic isn't even the Hopper 2. As far as your Is ThIs a LeGiT CoMpAnY remark, yeah. The company that's putting DTV out of business, bit by bit.
If you're trying to sign up on the website, it's going to give you what it's programmed to based on your number of TV's.