Direct TV users move on over to Sat Guys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ScottChez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 2, 2003
Good to see it, when we first started there was hardly any Direct TV talk here.

Now it is seems to be THE place to go.

No wonder Sat Guys has the large member counts.

It helps to have an admin who gets the latest breaking news first.

I think the arcade has a lot to do with it too.... :D

I prefer this forum too, besides I am currently banned from AVS :)

There is also much less flaming here than on some other boards and what appears to be quite a high level of knowledge, which is what REALLY matters.

the *actual movement* from D* vs E*/V* probably has something to do with it, too :)

I have noticed that some other forums have a very low tolerance for Newbies and have lots of clicks. Since stumbling on this site with the Sirius deal I have found it a great source of info.

You'll also notice that we don't have the majority of our posts be about politics like some other satellite forum....

It's nice to have something to talk about concerning D*. Maybe one day we might even have more posts then V* on the new posts page. :D

I have noticed that some other forums have a very low tolerance for Newbies and have lots of clicks. Since stumbling on this site with the Sirius deal I have found it a great source of info.

:yes As a newbie to this forum and recently upgraded my DTV dish along with upgrading my receiver to HD, (still using std def tv)I have found a wealth of info here that has helped tremendously in my choosing equipment and setup. So to all who have posted and shared their trials and success', I extend my sincere thanks.

The staff members and moderators feel this way: We all were once newbies. Some of us didn't have a forum to go to to get info. We are more than happy to help everyone out. None of us are paid to be here. We come here because satellite TV is a hobby.

I'm glad I found this forum...been a long time D* customer. Just got HD last Oct & indoor antenna for locals in Feb......I'm new to all the sat tech stuff.....so I'm learning here.
Thanks everyone

A quick question....my local nbc station broadcasts in hd but they're on low power
which means that I won't be able to receive them with an ota and the same applies
to local Fox station. The trees around the house pretty well screw up the reception
for all the locals. I do get the locals via Directv. You think I could get the distant
nbc and fox feeds when the go hd?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)