direct tv vs dish

jdalton15

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
My contract recently expired with Dish and am shopping around for the best deal. We (my wife really) would really like to save some money but I do not want to lose programming/quality that I am getting right now. After shopping cable, it was dismissed quickly and now it has come to Direct tv vs dish. I have one 1hd receiver and 2 sd receivers (no dvr's), I pay 78.99 a month currently. If I change to dish I can get similar (less hd for now) for 62.99 plus 100 bucks cash. I noticed if I was a new customer to dish I could get the same programming I have plus a dvr for 64.99.........
1. is hd quality (picture quality) inferior on direct tv? (i have seen lots of complaints on the direct tv forum)
2. what is the best way to get a better deal with dish....to avoid switching.....I would rather stay if they "throw me a bone" per say.
thanks for your responses

My contract recently expired with Dish and am shopping around for the best deal. We (my wife really) would really like to save some money but I do not want to lose programming/quality that I am getting right now. After shopping cable, it was dismissed quickly and now it has come to Direct tv vs dish. I have one 1hd receiver and 2 sd receivers (no dvr's), I pay 78.99 a month currently. If I change to dish I can get similar (less hd for now) for 62.99 plus 100 bucks cash. I noticed if I was a new customer to dish I could get the same programming I have plus a dvr for 64.99.........
1. is hd quality (picture quality) inferior on direct tv? (i have seen lots of complaints on the direct tv forum)
2. what is the best way to get a better deal with dish....to avoid switching.....I would rather stay if they "throw me a bone" per say.
thanks for your responses

Just call to cancel they should switch over to someone from retention.

Just call to cancel they should switch over to someone from retention.

I don't know if Dish retention is the answer but it is worth a try.

I'd say switch to cable for 6 months then come back as a returning customer and enjoy all of the perks a brand new customer gets.

By then, even Dish will have the capacity for 150 HD channels in the future. Hey! Install that flux capacitor in your car and take a look! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)