direct tv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

keket3952

Original poster
Oct 24, 2011
My tv is showing a black screen and saying there are no channels in the current favorites list at this time. I went to my list and changed it from favorites to all channels and no channels aren't still showing up. I reseted the receiver and still no luck. What else to do???

does it show anything on the screen when you reboot it?

No error messages on the screen (like a 771 or 721)?

771 means no signal. Dish is possibly misaligned. You can go into the satelltie setup
menu
parental/faves/setup
system setup
satellite
view signal strength and that will show signal on each satellite. Should be in the 90's

The numbers are in the high 90's like 94,96,97, and 98. Are there suppose to be any 0's as well??

yes there are some 0's in the bunch

is that on 101?
if so press the + button near it to go to 99 (c) and 103 (ca) and 103 (Cb) to see what those are. Those are the HD channels

Try a SD only channel like 337 (VH1 Classic) or one of them goofy knockoff shopping channels (220-228). Those should come in fine

The first step is to call DIRECTV and have them drag you through their routine.

Last edited:
Yes it is on 101 and none of the shopping channels or the VH1 classic channels show.

Its a HD receiver.

better than your "help"....

I also see you retracked part of your statement. The fact that the OP said the other 3 receivers work fine just shows you dont read the post and would rather inject your usual line of "call Directv" or when someone has it outside of the 50 states the old "you legally cant subscribe" line of crap.

Interesting how you dont have DIrectv yet you feel the need to be here

Yes it is on 101 and none of the shopping channels or the VH1 classic channels show.

Its a HD receiver.

You can try this.....do a reset of the sat setup. Use the list I posted above on how to get to the signal meter but the last line choose "redo sat setup" and see what happens

I also see you retracked part of your statement. The fact that the OP said the other 3 receivers work fine just shows you dont read the post and would rather inject your usual line of "call Directv" or when someone has it outside of the 50 states the old "you legally cant subscribe" line of crap.
That the new information came while I was crafting my post is why it didn't contemplate the additional facts. I still recommend calling DIRECTV and asking for help as they should know the important stuff that we haven't yet discovered.

and DIrectv will do the exact same thing that we are doing (asking questions) or worse ask her to do things that have already been done

The first thing I would do is reset the problem box. You can do it through the menu or use the red button under the cover for the card.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)