DirecTiVo and Time Warner VOIP

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
you should tell twc that you have a 56k fax , then your tivo will bw able to use voip to dial out just fine....they have to provision the line for it

I have a HD-DirectvTivo and Packet8 and it doesn't work for me, but some people with Vonage have gotten it to work with it. So it is a roll of the dice. I use the serial port on the back of the Tivo and use a null modem cable hooked to a computer to get my Tivo to dial out over the internet.

Not sure about Time Warner but VOIP in general is hit or miss when it comes to data connections like DirecTivo. I tried SunRocket and even with different tweaks (like lowering connections speed and such) my DTivo couldn't connect. Then I saw several posts about ATT CallVantage (voip) working with DTivo so I tried it and it connects without any issues.

Works for me.. Just on very big downloads (software upgrades) I have seen it have trouble at times staying and getting connected. On the normal call-ins I have seen no problems.

SlicerMDM said:
Not sure about Time Warner but VOIP in general is hit or miss when it comes to data connections like DirecTivo. I tried SunRocket and even with different tweaks (like lowering connections speed and such) my DTivo couldn't connect. Then I saw several posts about ATT CallVantage (voip) working with DTivo so I tried it and it connects without any issues.

I use Sunrocket and I just set the dial # to a local # in VA where Sun Rocket is based. Sometimes it takes 2 calls but it works.

Call DTV and ask them for a prefix to slow down the connect speed. I have ATT Callvantage and the prefix they game me worked on the secondary calls. For the first call, I had to use my neighbors line. I can't tell you the code because I got rid of the HR10-250 after 3 days. It was painfully slow.

jr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)