DirecTiVo launched since the last time I was here

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lkr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
How did it turn out? The HR34 looks like it is superior in just about every way, so I was wondering which to get.

I got both an HR34 and a Tivo at my house.

The Tivo is fricken awesome in terms of features for setting up recordings, but the 5 tuners in the HR34 and multi room viewing is pretty tempting.

If you only have 1 TV, take the Tivo. Two or 3 Televisions, the HR34 makes more sense.

Iceberg said:
why? I have one TV setup and have the HR34.....5 tuners kicks major ass compared to the wimpy 2 in the TeBlow ;)

Not to mention at $99 when you sign up, it's a steal.

why? I have one TV setup and have the HR34.....5 tuners kicks major ass compared to the wimpy 2 in the TeBlow ;)

So I can use all 5 tuners to record in the same room or use 4 to record and one to watch? MRV wouldn't work with my setup since it is a bunch of SD receivers and two H20s besides my HR22 which I'll just move into another room when I replace the HR34 with it

So I can use all 5 tuners to record in the same room or use 4 to record and one to watch? MRV wouldn't work with my setup since it is a bunch of SD receivers and two H20s besides my HR22 which I'll just move into another room when I replace the HR34 with it

MRV will work with your HR22 if you get a HR34. You'd just need a DECA adapter for your HR22 to get internet connection to it from your coaxial cable. As far as your H20's & SD receivers go,you'd need band stop filters connected to each of them so that the internet signal from DECA set up will not interfere with their picture.

Love the Tivo, but it's personal preference. I only have one TV, and can't imagine having enough time to watch as much programming as 5 tuners would provide. I already have more on my tivo than I will ever watch. To each his own.

Love the Tivo, but it's personal preference. I only have one TV, and can't imagine having enough time to watch as much programming as 5 tuners would provide. I already have more on my tivo than I will ever watch. To each his own.

You don't have kids ?

There are plenty of times where I need more than 2 tuners....heck last night I had maxed out the 5 tuners rather easily

I guess its what ya want to watch :)

If they would put the TIVO software on the HR34, I'd be completely set. The features of the HR34 are great, but I MUCH prefer the Tivo software over the HRxx software.

If they would put the TIVO software on the HR34, I'd be completely set. The features of the HR34 are great, but I MUCH prefer the Tivo software over the HRxx software.
The worst thing about the TiVo is the interface. I don't want them to ruin the HRxx's by putting one of the most difficult to navigate DVR software in them.

If they would put the HR software in the TiVo, then the TiVos would be worthy of a purchase.

Alot of people thought that when the HR24's came out, many tried the HR24's and got use to the different layout and like it better than the Tivo now, thats said, others still prefer ther Tivo.

Most that had Tivo's were set in thier ways and didn't want to have to learn a new system, the HR24's have been very good now.

The worst thing about the TiVo is the interface. I don't want them to ruin the HRxx's by putting one of the most difficult to navigate DVR software in them.

If they would put the HR software in the TiVo, then the TiVos would be worthy of a purchase.

OMG no!!!!! Just No.

There's a reason why so many people were asking for a Tivo based HRxx. The problem is Directv put too many restrictions on it and thus without MRV, it's all but worthless, except for people with one TV.

BTW, what you are asking is already available... the HR21. That is the slowest box that Directv has out there and what the Tivo box is based on(I believe). Yet with Tivo software on it, it's quite snappy.

OMG no!!!!! Just No.

There's a reason why so many people were asking for a Tivo based HRxx. The problem is Directv put too many restrictions on it and thus without MRV, it's all but worthless, except for people with one TV.
The reason why people ask for a TiVo is because it has the name of TiVo on it. It is much more complicated to use, does a lot less than the HRxx's, is very limited, and is ancient technology.

OMG no!!!!! Just No.

BTW, what you are asking is already available... the HR21. That is the slowest box that Directv has out there and what the Tivo box is based on(I believe). Yet with Tivo software on it, it's quite snappy.

The reason why people ask for a TiVo is because it has the name of TiVo on it. It is much more complicated to use, does a lot less than the HRxx's, is very limited, and is ancient technology.

Brainwashed and unwilling to make a change to newer technology.

Nothing wrong with that, just the way some are, use to what they have.

As for the HR21, NEVER wanted one, my old HR20-700's worked much better than the 21's.
(RIP. HR20-700's)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)