DirecTivo Software Update Rolling Out!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

silversurfer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Las Vegas, Nevada
Apparently a software update is currently being released for DirecTivos. The new software version number is 3.1.1c. This update has been confirmed for HDVR2 receivers. It has not yet been seen on "series 1" receivers. It corrects the erroroneous downloading guide data message, adds new logos and reverts the model number back to HDVR2.

You can not force your DirecTivo to take this download. It will not download it until it is told to...

silversurfer01973 said:
Apparently a software update is currently being released for DirecTivos. The new software version number is 3.1.1c. This update has been confirmed for HDVR2 receivers. It has not yet been seen on "series 1" receivers. It corrects the erroroneous downloading guide data message, adds new logos and reverts the model number back to HDVR2.

You can not force your DirecTivo to take this download. It will not download it until it is told to...

Very very sweet... Ive begun to hate seeing that stupid black box at the bottom of the screen and having my guide update v-e-r-y slowly...

Hopefully when my receiver dials out tonight, Ill get the code update...

Hope there arent many new bugs introduced versus what gets fixed...

--Rick

man... I hope this doesn't kill Tivo hacks... If I find out I can't telnet or FTP into my series one I am going to be pretty annoyed...

Appaprently this update is not being rolled out to Series 1 DirecTivos. It is rumored that a different update will be sent to those boxes.

Hmm, well its over a month later and I'm still on 3.1.1b and still see the black box about guide updates. But that does not bother me nearly as much as the fact that version 3 does not enable the USB ports on my Philips DVR7000 so I can not connect a USB->802.11 box and do away with the phone connection as one can with a Tivo brand unit running version 4 (not sure the version numbers macth across DirecTV-DVR and Tivo). I went through several levesl of support at DirecTV on this issue and only got, "yea we don't get it either, its a tivo thing".

Anyone know when this is coming?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts