Directivo without service

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

santos108

Original poster
Oct 1, 2004
hi this is my first time postig here but ive been read here for a bit. I tried searching but either i didnt try hard enough or it just hasne been answered.

I have an old series tivo that i wanted to use with dtv. however when i called to ask for an access card i was told that they would not sell it without a receiver. so i went ahead and order it. Now that i have it i want to use the new card with my tivo instead of with the new receiver. I was reading that when i call to to activate i have to give them the serial for the card and for the receiver. now my question is, do i have use the card with the reciever it came with?

I cant really afford the extra 5 bucks for tivo service but would like to just use the pause and rewind fucntions.

will they know if i give them the new receiver's serial number during activation but instead use it with my tivo? can they tell its not the reciever they sent me?

thanks all for listening and for any answers.
D

Is your Tivo a DirectvTivo or is it a standalone Tivo? If it is standalone you need the receiver to get the signal because standalone Tivos can't recognize the Directv signal by themselves.

If it is a new Directv account you can't start a new account with a used receiver you can add a used receiver to a new account for the $4.99 mirroring fee.

You can, i just did.

I just got my new account set up with used equipment, I just had to verify the information of the person that owned it before me. They charged me 20 for a new access card and that was the end of it.

Santos108, Could you be more specific? Something isn't adding up. If your old Tivo is NOT a DTivo, then there would be no access card for it. If it is a DirecTivo, and you bought a new one, why would you want to use the card for the new one with the old one? And, as people said above, you should have been able to get a new card for it from DirecTV for $20.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)