Directshaw antenna for Mexico City please?

Jumbo Dumbo: Where do you hear that the ku extended signals of G1 couldn´t be received in Mexico?

G1 will have 32 ku band transponders which can be configured for either Ku or Extended Ku band use.

16 of these will be configured for Canada only beams for Shaw Extended ku band use. They will be used to deliver local channels as the CRTC is planning on requiring Shaw and Bell to deliver all Canadian OTA channels.

Under the ITU agreement in N.A.: Extended Ku Band is shared satellite/terrestial spectrum. However Industry Canada has declared this to be satellite use only until 2028 at which time Telesat & Shaw must vacate this spectrum.

A secondary use gor the G1 ku transponders is backup for F1R

To provide comment on dish sizes.
I am using a 1.2 mts for Anik F1, with signal strength of around 87 and a 1.80 mts with strenght of up to 97 even with moderate rain.

Cheers,

Por si alguien del DF se interesa, estoy traspasando mi dsr505 pues no lo utilizo, echenme un privado, ando en San Angel.

Cheers my friends

To provide comment on dish sizes.
I am using a 1.2 mts for Anik F1, with signal strength of around 87 and a 1.80 mts with strenght of up to 97 even with moderate rain.

Cheers,

Hello my friend i'm glad that you finally did it, i think 1.20 and 1.80 it's excesive for those birds, i bet you a lunch that you can get anik F1 and F2 with your 1.20meters dish and clean up your roof.

Cheers,

I agree with you buddy, but since I already had those dishes, and the larger one idle I decided to put them to some good use.
Another user here in DF had mentioned he was using a 1.20 mts for the Anik 2, but that he experienced rain fade on the HDs.
On another matter maybe we should stay alert to put a dish to work on that new FTA system mentioned today on this site, did you check it ? freedbs.org, they plan to cover Mexico and in their channel list they are even announcing some Mx tv.

Have a good one,

I'm in Mexico city as well, (Tlalpan-South) and I can only get a decent signal on the HD channels with a 1.8mts dish. I could see something with the 90cm sky dish, but I would lose it during the day, or when it's cloduy, etc... Now I only lose signal with heavy rain. And not in all HD channels.

So I would recommend a 1.8mts dish for HD.

I, like DJ Dish, am in the process of abandoning Dish and am only waiting on my new lnbs to arrive to hook up the 530 Shaw receiver I bought on Ebay. I have 2x1.8m, 1x2.4m and 1x1.2m offset antennas. My plan is to connect the 1.2m to F1 and one of the 1.8m to F2. I am still left with another 1.8 and a 2.4 and have no idea what to do with them now. Does anyone have any suggestions of where I can put these to good use? I can leave on Dish as I still get 110 and 61.5 but 119 is too degraded to keep paying for now. Once I see what Shaw has to offer I may be more willing tom give up even my partial Dish system.

Hi

You could use one dish with c-band lnb and use a dish at amc-18 (W5) they have the hits channels but you need a dsr410, or 4dtv with future update for hits.

Eduardo:

Si ya tienes tu equipo lo que necesitas es tener una direccion de canada y hablar con ellos por telefono y dar de alta el servicio; hay otra forma que lo hagas a traves de un broker y el te activa tu equipo pero tienes que pagarle una tipo mensualidad por el servicio.

Yo estoy aqui en el DF, mandame un msg y te puedo ayudar.

Hello my friend,

I've got Shaw running with a 1.10m dish for HD Sat and a Sky Dish 90cms for SD channels

I got all the french channels, if you wish me to help you send me a PM and i'd be glad to help.

I'm in Mexico City in San Angel area

Cheers
one question ,I live in colonia del valle will my bellexpressvu system work here in mexico city?or just shawdirect is the only one that reaches mexico city thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts