DirecTV 10 Signal Reading Thread(Transponders are Hot!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think if we dont have HD by Friday then I will be upset, since D* intention is to lite up the channels today then they should be ready for Friday

Particularly when they promised B10 in HD by the start of the conference games. Well guess what, that begins on Sat. Hopefully it won't be more egg in the face and broken promises.

Particularly when they promised B10 in HD by the start of the conference games. Well guess what, that begins on Sat. Hopefully it won't be more egg in the face and broken promises.

I would love to see it up asap, however not mission critical as there is only 1 game this weekend on BTN, Illinois @ Indiana.

East Tenn. Getting 90-95 on most transponders 103 (b)

Lowest is transponder 11 with a reading of 83.

Matt

I went outside and spent about 10 mins tweaking my dish and got signals now from 97-100 on sat 103(b), Also on my other sats 101,110, &119 they have signals in the mid 90's to 100 range also.

Hi y'all... Anyone explain this phenomenon? My HR20 gets all the 103b signals @90+, but my H20 gets zeros across the board (except on the N/A tps) Both have B-band and both read channel 499 correctly. I reset and it did nuttin. Thanks for any advice.

Hi y'all... Anyone explain this phenomenon? My HR20 gets all the 103b signals @90+, but my H20 gets zeros across the board (except on the N/A tps) Both have B-band and both read channel 499 correctly. I reset and it did nuttin. Thanks for any advice.

Do you by any chance have an old diplexer or (god forbid) a co-ax splitter in-line behind the H20? That could cause it.

-32D*HD------------------------------------------------------------
Let me know when the real HD is>>>>>>>>>>>>>>HOT
That is the temperature!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tech came out today. Right off the bat he tried telling me that 103(b) wasn't lit up yet, and that everything was normal. After showing him that I was getting readings on the even transponders, and then showing him this forum, he finally started to believe me.

We tracked the problem down to a connector on the LNB, it was bad. After that, the odd and even transponders lit up.

As he left, he said, "It's sad when the customer knows more about what's going on with Directv than us techs do." He wrote down this website though, and said he'd start coming here daily to find out what's going on.

I actually felt stupid for not checking the F-connectors on the LNB (I did check all the others).

Im getting 80s on transponders 1-8, 9-14 (15 and 16 read N/A) and 22. Im getting 91 on 13, 17, and 22. Is this normal not to have all the transponders available and their readings in the 80s?

As he left, he said, "It's sad when the customer knows more about what's going on with Directv than us techs do." He wrote down this website though, and said he'd start coming here daily to find out what's going on..

Almost Always they way it is if THEY do not take the time to learn or find out, OR the company that employs them (NOT DIRECTV) fails to tell them or teach them as things change. Geez they should be self reliant.

Almost Always they way it is if THEY do not take the time to learn or find out, OR the company that employs them (NOT DIRECTV) fails to tell them or teach them as things change. Geez they should be self reliant.

As a technician myself, I can relate to that! We're told next to nothing about equipment issues. Word of mouth, from one tech to the next, is usually our only resource :( Finding this site has provided quite a few useful tips for me... and I plan on getting the word out to other technicians so they might better themselves as well!!

Im getting 80s on transponders 1-8, 9-14 (15 and 16 read N/A) and 22. Im getting 91 on 13, 17, and 22. Is this normal not to have all the transponders available and their readings in the 80s?

Readings in the 80s are pretty good; that's what I have and the test channels looked great. Some people have readings up in the 90s, but it won't make any difference in PQ. As for 17 and 22, they're higher than the others for everyone. I think maybe they're spotbeams. I'm not sure about 13.

I am new to DTV. I get 98, 69, 98, 69, 100, 90 on 99b; 103a I am getting 80 on transponder 1. All the rest are up in the mid 90's. What does it all mean? Thanksfrom a newbie?

103(b)

1-8: 77 42 82 51 82 51 79 55
9-16: 86 62 79 78 85 83 NA NA
12-24: 92 NA NA NA NA NA NA NA
25-32: NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA

in Northeastern, Pennsylvania

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)