DirecTV 10 Signal Reading Thread(Transponders are Hot!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
readings plus

Hello all,
numbers have been all over the place today but now nothing. hd channels shut down for some reason but are now back on. went to my account on directv.com and this is what i found.
no new channels on my hddvr but i now have starz hd and cinemax hd along with sports hd listed on my bill. No charge as it says included with pack. called to ask questions and was told by a rep that the channels would be showing up very very soon, when i tried to get a commit date she just said you may be able to watch prime time tv on thursday but made it a point to say this was not a promise but they are testing "as we speak" the 15th is looking good

Nothing Until Sept 17th / 18th

Nothing yet NYC area.

FYI #1 The Directv CFO, Mike Palkovic, presents at the Merrill Lynch Media & Entertainment Conference on Sept 17th

FYI #2 The Directv CEO, Chase Carey, presents at the Goldman Sachs Media & Entertainment Conference Sept 18th

These two people are not showing up without significanct announcements to impress the "Wall Street" Community. My guess is the new channels will come September 19th.

They have to let Wall Street, the owners of the stocks and bonds of the indebtedness company, feel like they are the first to know when it comes to major announcements and feel important. It's a delicate balance between customer, employee, capital owners. :mad:

They CANNOT RISK GETTING EGG ON THEIR FACE with a flawed launch ahead of the conference. They would never take the risk. I gues wee just have to be patient for another week, while they stay at the Waldorf and eat Shrimp :hungry: compliments of our $100 a month bill.

Just checked mine out

It shows zero on the normal screen, but when I look at the individual signal meters it shows 69 on 2 and 70 on 6.

103(a)

It's 103(b) you should be looking at. 103(a) is being used for HD locals spot beams. It went up last year. Not everyone gets locals on 103(a), however. Some get them on 99(b).

The only transponder that has been lighting up on 103(b) is TP 11. It has been going on and off periodically for most of the day.

my HR-20 700 has all 0 on sat 103b in Alabama, when i run a sat restart it says i am only picking up 4 sat's, 103a passes but it will not pick up sat 103b.

I'm showing Zeros but all of this has led to me to play around with the Test Strength Signal. Another toy.

My wife thinks I'm an idiot watching this screen.

Might this be a beam issue?

Status
Please reply by conversation.