DirecTV 10 Signal Reading Thread(Transponders are Hot!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
D* must be doing something with the 103 bird this morning.Went in to check signal strengths.It showed all zeroes on 103b.When I tried to exit the menu,I got a "Live TV Conflict" message on the screen and had to reboot the receiver (HR20-700).Is anyone else experiencing this issue currently?

The 'Live TV Conflict" lockup is a bug in the software that started with 0x18a, and has been in each CE release since then. Sometimes a channel change will get you out of it, sometimes it requires a menu reset. It is most often triggered by going into the "View Signal Strength" screen.

Whether a test was actually run, or failed before it was run, or if there is any test at all is, as best as I know, just speculation at this time. The point is, it was going on before the TP tests began on D10 yesterday. But, with everyone going into their signal strength screens 100 times a day now, it's going to crop up more often.

I don't really care about signal, I want channels.

I noticed that bug this morning on my HR20 with the national release and swore I noticed a new showcase being recorded. That still doesn't explain why I could still watch live TV with no recording light on though nor does it explain why the test cannot just use the live TV tuner I just switched off from.

I just confused the heck out of myself now lol....oh well.:D

Me, too. And I'm an E* subscriber! I want you D* guys to get your channels so that E* is forced to keep up and add the channels, too!

Thank you for this post.

If there is one thing that bores me to tears is fanboys posts that turn into flame sessions.

I feel the same way that you do. Every advance for E* means that D* has to step up their game. This competition is the best thing for all consumers of satellite TV.

I refuse to be 'loyal' to a satCo. Give me an adequate selection and good quality and I will be a customer. If E* gives me a compelling reason to switch, I would consider it. Sunday Ticket keeps me tied to D*, but I am grandfathered in (at least I still hope so, I keep being told I am) so that I can keep just ST.

E*, while very close is just not far enough ahead (or has been) for me to switch. Although the intro packages almost make it worthwhile. And then the D* return offers 'could' lure me back.

If you work for one or the other, it's one thing, but I don't get the 'my being a customer of ... is better than you' mentality, it is so juvenile. I feel the same thing with XM/Sirius. I have a very good friend that is a national VP for a major Sirius partner that keeps offering me free equipment, but I am used to XM and there just isn't enough reason to go to Sirius. XM has several talk channels that I just don't want to give up. It's kind of funny, I notice D* people tend toward XM while E* people tend to have Sirius. Completely anectotal, but my observation.

Anyway, your type of trolling ;) is always welcome.

Excellent E* posts. However to keep this clean please no more as they tend to get nasty even though the ones so far were very good. Lets focus on signal strength and any signs of life. Thanks folks.

Here's to HD for all!!

Next question is when will the channels come now that the satellite has activated?

P.S. I'm still pissed that I haven't recieved my HD Locals Norfolk Va.

DirecTV 10 Signal Reading Thread

Next question is when will the channels come now that the satellite has activated?

P.S. I'm still pissed that I haven't recieved my HD Locals Norfolk Va.

You wouldn't happen to be Vurbano's long lost brother would you?

Just kidding.:)

Tyrate said:

If you read back into the thread or the other 2 threads related, the prevailing rumors are between now and the 19th with a staggered rollout through the end of the year as totally new channels begin service for DirecTV and Dish to pickup and retransmit. DirecTV's GOAL is 100 by the end of '07. GOAL/PLAN

signal on 103b

I'm at work, but I was just reading on DBSTalk that 103b just fired up and there are signals on xponders...how many and the signal - I'm not sure. Just thought you guys would like to know.

Nothing yet for Little Rock, AR. I did notice, however, on 103(a) that the even number transponders were getting a signal. 2 was 59, 4 was 66, and 6 was 59. I don't know what that means if anything at all, but thought I would say something.

I am kind of skeptical about my alignment though. I had the new slimline put up yesterday and the guy didn't get my 101 lined up right. I had to go out there and adjust the elevation myself. No telling if its even close to right on the new bird.

Nothing yet for Little Rock, AR. I did notice, however, on 103(a) that the even number transponders were getting a signal. 2 was 59, 4 was 66, and 6 was 59. I don't know what that means if anything at all, but thought I would say something.

103a is Spaceway 1, which is used for HD locals and RSN, not the new satellite which is 103b.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts