Directv 101.0 W Transponders / Channel Mapping in Mexico

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jpr777

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 11, 2008
Directv 101 W transponders / channel mapping taken from Sat B2 reciever. Remember the 9xxx are locals.

Dish Size - 1.8 M, I am in Mexico City

Files is excel and open for anybody modification.

+ Green means that I get signal strength above 65.
+ Bright Yellow/Red are transponders I do not get but working on getting them.....probably bigger dish...

Also, does anyone know which transponders are active on which satellites - 4s versus 8 versus 9s.

Thanks

Attachments

• Directv 101 Transponder Channel Mapping May 11 2008.xls
    20.5 KB · Views: 560
Last edited:
WELCOME

I think you should also include WHERE in Mexico your are; maybe LAT/LON, for these readings being in such a big place they likely will not hold true country wide.

WELCOME

I think you should also include WHERE in Mexico your are; maybe LAT/LON, for these readings being in such a big place they likely will not hold true country wide.

You are right...Thanks...I am in Mexico City.

I'm just going to translate for him to see if I can help out...

jpr777 el quizo decir que en que posicion exacta te encuentras... en Latitud y Longitud... Si sabes seria mejor porque igual Mexico City es un lugar tan grande que en realidad es dificil saber como va funcionar....

I'm also in Mexico City

Hi jpr777!

I'm also in Mexico City. I currently have 2 antenas. One 2.40m for 101° and one 1.80 for 119°. With the 2.40 antena I get on all trasponder you are currently reciving a signal above 80 but still could no get channels like TNT that it seems is in transponder 21.

I'm looking foward in getting another LNB to get the new HD channels in 103° but still don't know anyone that knows how to get them in Mexico. Do you know someone?

Espero que nos veamos por aqui para platicar de como poder tener mejor recepción y más canales en México. Ya casí no hay nadie que tenga Directv. Casí todo mundo se va por el Dish pirata.

Hi jpr777!

I'm also in Mexico City. I currently have 2 antenas. One 2.40m for 101° and one 1.80 for 119°. With the 2.40 antena I get on all trasponder you are currently reciving a signal above 80 but still could no get channels like TNT that it seems is in transponder 21.

I'm looking foward in getting another LNB to get the new HD channels in 103° but still don't know anyone that knows how to get them in Mexico. Do you know someone?

Espero que nos veamos por aqui para platicar de como poder tener mejor recepción y más canales en México. Ya casí no hay nadie que tenga Directv. Casí todo mundo se va por el Dish pirata.

I am in Satellite Area (Hard to give exact latitude and longitude), the signal is fairly the same around Mexico/State of Mexico, except if you are in the belt of a valley.

Cancan,

I am planning to upgrade to 2.60 Mt Antenna. I will be getting the new LNB next time I go to the US and will try HD Channels. I also need to get the new reciever.

I do not know of anyone who is has gotten HD Channels yet.

a) no one receiver will distinguish those sats at 101W cluster
b) system tables doesn't have those designators as separate sats
c) check gct's tables and compare to your

cancan, what brand if your 2.4 dish? can you post an example of your signal readings at the best hour?

cancan, what brand if your 2.4 dish? can you post an example of your signal readings at the best hour?

Sorry. Haven't check this post in a long time. I think my antenna is a Channel Master. I will check this out this weekend and I will also post all the transponders signals at the best hour with a clear sky. I can tell you they are about 90 in the best ones and 60 for no weaker ones.

Hi Cancan,

Just logged back in yesterday. Brought in a brand new HD H21-100 reciever and planning to see if can get HD channels.

I believe we really need the 99 and 103 satellies only. Everything in HD from 110 is mirrored into these satelltes.

Have u had any luck in getting HD channels here in Mexico.

Let me know. Thanks

directv 119.0 in Cancun

I have 2 dishes, on 119.0 I get all the transponders except 31, which is the one I want for local channels (Spokane). Do I need a special lnb?
Thanks for any help!

Finally HD Channels Mexico City

Finally I have HD Channels in Mexico City (Satelite Area North)

My configuration:

One 2.40 Mt Dish pointing to 101W with CalAmp Dual LNB
One 1.80 Mt Dish pointing to 103W with Directv SL5 LNB
One Zinwell 6x8 Multiswitch
2 coax cable connected from the 2.40 dish to two inputs of Zinwell
2 coax cable connected from the 1.80 dish to another 2 inputs of Zinwell
1 H21-200 HD Receiver HD connected to 1 output of Zinwell
1 H21-100 HD Receiver HD connected to 2 output of Zinwell

Transponders Reading:

101W - All (1-32) transponders usually above 70, except 4,12,18,20,26,28 and 23 & 25 are usually in the high 40s or low 50 most of the day. Standard Channels

103W(cb) - All (1-14) transponders usually between 50-60 most of the day. HD Channels.

103 (ca) 103 (s) 99 (s) 99 (c) 110 119 all in 0s

Has anyone else been able to activate HD in Mexico City. Please share configuration so we can finetune.

:) Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.