HD DVR Network Setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
Ok I have have a Wireless N router but my issue is I don't have a physical drop behind my main TV where the DVR will be. Man will be nice when they have built in WiFi or let you use a USB Wireless Adapter. Anyway was thinking about getting the Answer WNHDE111
5 GHz Wireless-N HD Access Point/Bridge which means I would need 2. One would be hooked up to my wireless router then bridge the second one behind my main TV which the 2 second access point has 2 ports I could use one for the DVR the second for my Blu-Ray player since the Model I have does not have built in WiFi. The next Blu-Ray player I will get will have built in WiFi but for not just trying not to have to pull another network drop behind my main TV. So how does everyone else have their HD DVR setup??? Thanks for any input..

Im using two Netgear XE104's, so I can supply the BR player and whatever else needs it at the ent center.

Hmm that cool and it's hard wired as well. No issues so far hey?? So I guess plug one in the PC room then the other behind the TV are yours plug into a powerstrip are just a wall outlet??

Works good, and has high speed. I actually have 3, one in the room with my modem, one behind the ent center, and one in the bedroom for my HR22. The 4 port is nice if you have other stuff that needs a net connection. I decided against a gaming adapter because hit and miss comments. This method requires eth cables from the plug, but it is reliable.

Ok so let me get this right. So I plug one in the PC room run the cable to my wireless router then plug the other one behind the ent center. Then after that just get 2 cables plug one into DVR the other Blu-Ray player that should be it?? I see a 2 port ones but sounds like they have some that have 4 ports as well correct??

XE104 has 4 ports out.

Yepp, run eth cable from modem to wall plug, then up to 4 cables out where you plug the other ones in. Been using powerline adapters for awhile, its real nice.

XE104 has 4 ports out.

Yepp, run eth cable from modem to wall plug, then up to 4 cables out where you plug the other ones in. Been using powerline adapters for awhile, its real nice.

Cool! Ok hmm where to buy from I guess something like this would have to get from Netgear themselves have not seen these just in the normal store.

I noticed they have some high end ones but they only have one port and I only see some with no more than 2 ports.

Yeah would like one that had 2 ports instead of one..

You would think Direct would have something like this you could get from them.

Ive been able to get Vudu and Amazon VOD thru the 85mbps netgears at top PQ, with 6mbps DSL. Only thing I had a problem with was trying MRV from one rcvr to another. DECA has solved that.

MRV?? DECA?? Also how does Direct do this new Whole-Home DVR+HD service ??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)