HD DVR Network Setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.
On DECA, the install boxes that allow the DVR's to talk to each and get internet over COAX. Its very cool, and Im doing the upgrade in Aug. It's one of the only reliable ways for MRV to work.

MRV whats that DECA ?? So this Whole Home DVR feature they really don't need anything special since it sounds like it goes across COAX. I made a call just now to my local reseller told him to get me that wireless adapter that will fix everything. Then will not have to mess with the other stuff.

MRV is Multi Room Viewing. If you have 2 boxes, one being a dvr, you can watch recorded shows that are on one box, in another room.

Hmm did not realize they had a wireless adapter that you plug in then run your network cable from it to the DVR. That just solved my problem.

MRV is Multi Room Viewing. If you have 2 boxes, one being a dvr, you can watch recorded shows that are on one box, in another room.

Ok with you now and thats just done accross coax right? Yeah got their latest HD DVR then a HD Receiver on TV2.

Yeah, D* has a couple of solutions. None of them will work well with MRV though. As far as networking the dvr and getting internet to it, they work fine.

So how does the MRV have to be configured to work??

Yeah I see on there now they don't recommend using the wireless connection for the Whole-Home-DVR feature. Hmm wonder they how they will set that up.

Yeah, D* has a couple of solutions. None of them will work well with MRV though. As far as networking the dvr and getting internet to it, they work fine.

So how do they setup this Whole-Home DVR Service then??

Ok I got it figured out will not need really anything since they will be putting a Broadband Deca Adaptor.. Thanks for all the info..

Yeah sounds like if you use the Deca will not have to have some of the other things. So I guess the would be the way to go since just using their wifi adapter would not work. Only thing with the Deca is that they will have to pull another cable run..

Yeah agree! Hope the install goes well but the installer coming out tomorrow does good work so not to worried. Anyway thanks for all the input today and to everyone else. I got to get use to the Direct TV Language coming over from Dish.. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)