DirecTV 2 PC - New Beta Version 5102

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Does this Directv2PC allow a subscriber to watch a DTV show while on the road. Say at a motel 500 hundred miles away from home IF there is a WiFi/ethernet connection available to the internet?

In other words, is this a kind of "Slingshot" operation?

Does this Directv2PC allow a subscriber to watch a DTV show while on the road. Say at a motel 500 hundred miles away from home IF there is a WiFi/ethernet connection available to the internet?

In other words, is this a kind of "Slingshot" operation?

No. You need a slingbox to do what you are talking about.

Just downloaded it and watch some of my recordings. So far everything is perfect...

(knock on wood)

What I noticed...

If you watch part of a program on your computer, when you go to watch it on the TV it starts were you left off on the computer.

Help please

Can any tell me why this is happening I have a hr22 and hr 21. When I play back the hr21 I have no problems. When i try to play back the HR22 I get " can not apply hardware protection mechanism". Again the HR21 works perfect. Any ideas or is this and HR22 problem?

One thing I did notice is that moving images seem to be choppy with motion blur on my LCD computer monitor. This is not an issue on my TV (which too is LCD) nor is it an issue with any other video source I watch on my computer.

Similar system here using a 4870x2, Asus x58 board and an I7 965 EE.

Sometimes getting the app installed right and working takes some playing about but once its working its nice. Its handy for playing back the news while I'm web-surfing.

Features that would make it much more useful tho are:

1. The ability to watch live TV
2. The ability to copy shows recorded to my HD or DVD so I could clear my DVR storage space.
Know how I got around the issue of not being able to watch live TV? If there was a program I wanted to watch live, I simply recorded it and as it was recording I watched it on the computer at the same time. The delay is only a few seconds.

Is there anyway to make the video window be "always on top"?

I am currently typing this post and watching the Dodger game on my PC through DirecTV2PC (actually watching it "live" as I am watching it as it is recording). I made the window smaller. Is there anyway I can make it remain on top of all of the other pages I have opened?

Oh crap I got new computer months ago and totally forgot about this! Trying it tonight!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just downloaded this new version. Everything installed just fine, however playback audio is EXTREMELY choppy. Is there a "tweak" to fix that?

Scratch that... not just Audio it's video too and it will be fine for a few secs and then be completely unwatchable.

Know how I got around the issue of not being able to watch live TV? If there was a program I wanted to watch live, I simply recorded it and as it was recording I watched it on the computer at the same time. The delay is only a few seconds.

That works great for video stuff. The only problem with that method is I like listening to XM channels while I'm doing other stuff and , at least for now, one can't record those channels. I tried even creating a manual record for one of the XM channels and it was a no go :(

All in all I still like the app and find it handy. Its just that there are few more features they could add to make it even better IMHO. I'm just guessing that the inability to view live channels directly has to do with copy protection issues/rules/restrictions.

Did you check your spam/junkmail folder, maybe the email is getting filtered? The other possibility I guess is maybe there is a problem with the program that emails out the keys. Since I use multiple OS's I had to get a key for each OS. When I went thru the main link to DL the app as soon as I hit DL I got email so was able to cancel the extra downloads and just reuse the same exe I already had in my temp folder. Iknow it worked 4 times like that for me a short while back.

Did you check your spam/junkmail folder, maybe the email is getting filtered? The other possibility I guess is maybe there is a problem with the program that emails out the keys. Since I use multiple OS's I had to get a key for each OS. When I went thru the main link to DL the app as soon as I hit DL I got email so was able to cancel the extra downloads and just reuse the same exe I already had in my temp folder. Iknow it worked 4 times like that for me a short while back.

I used my gmail account and it worked fine. For some reason my Road Runner email account is blocking the emails on the server level. It didn't even make it to my junk mail folder...

No HDCP = FAIL?

Unless I'm missing something, this sucks. They can take their DRM nonsense and take a hike. If I really wanted to steal some HD content there is about a thousand easier ways to do it.

I've gotten two serials for using this, one for each time in the past I installed a new version. When are they going to get past this crap of not letting a serial you got for one version work on a new version? Having to get a new frakin key each time a new version is released is stupid. I have tried to get a new key with 3 different email addresses over the past 24 hours and have gotten NO new keys. This is nuts!

Odd, I was able to reuse my keys on new installs. Will have to check since I just installed the W7 RC and havent tried to reinstall yet

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts