DirecTV-2-PC Public Beta

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Anyone have this downloaded yet? Going very, very, slooow. Is it possible for someone who has it upload it to rapidshare or something?

This rocks so far on intel centrino core 2, 2.0Ghz, 4gb ram, 512mb graphics card laptop at 1280x720p wireless G at 54 mbps. (I could slap it a 108mbps card but I dont think I need too) I like it! Just watched some of entourage off HBOHD. I have to go experiment some more.

Some Screencaps...

Attachments

• D2pc.JPG
    D2pc.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 249
  • D2pc1.JPG
    D2pc1.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 230
  • D2pc2.JPG
    D2pc2.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 201
  • D2pc3.JPG
    D2pc3.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 191
I've used the program as part of the testing and it works great if you have a good network and fairly new computer.

It does work ok with wireless networking, I used it with wireless-G and it worked ok. I think wireless-B would be tough.

There are occasional lags with FFW, REW, 30 skip, etc, but in general playback it does great. I also used OTA, MPEG2, MPEG4, and standard SD and all worked good.

On a positive note, the software works ok with screen captures too, which is how I made my avatar, just using the print screen button putting the image on the clipboard.

There are still some bugs, but it works pretty good to start.

REMEMBER: You need to have the current CE software on your receiver, or wait for DirecTV to release the software nationally, which is hopefully only days away.

It is possibly a staggered release for some HR21 receivers, but is not rolling everywhere.

I recommend letting the receiver download software updates overnight as intended. Not all receivers are receiving 0x0290 yet. I personally verified this on my HR20-700.

The good news is we are getting VERY close.

This is awesome.

I don't know if it it's just me though but, my laptop is wireless and the picture and voices have a hard time keeping up with eachother. Perhaps a hard wired connection to my router would be better?

Still havent got my Key email, and I sent it to my satelliteguys account and also one to my gmail account and still nothing in eaither inbox.

I only got one of the three email addresses I submitted.

Looks like everything is running a bit slow for day one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts