DirecTV 3D....is it worth it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ah, like when DirecTV just offered us HD Theater, HD Net, and ESPN HD, and HBO/SHO if you paid for them. Big times came when they added ESPN2, TNT, and HDNet Movies. I still found it amazing that all their HD channels fit in the 70-79 range for quite a while, into 2007.

HD NET was a free channel for us all ... Thank you Mr. Cuban !

As far as my regular HDTV viewing goes, D* not having CookingHD, Hist Int HD, BBCA HD and G4HD is a major downer.

Meanwhile, E* unceremoniously dropping SmithHD, DisneyHD, DisneyXD-HD is also a major bust on them since my kids are not happy.

So...I guess the big question is...given the content on 3net, ESPN3D and the other two channels...is a switch worth it just for that?

If I was going to lose so many channels that I watch all of the time the switch would not be worth it to me. There are just to many repeats on these channels right now. Remember when people would complain about Voom just having a loop? The Directv 3D loop is much worse than any of the Voom loops. I sure hope this changes soon but I have a feeling that it will be a little ways out.

Mitsubishi 65728 here (not sure on the model number) resolution is just fine here also... Ken H. posted that CBS is thinking about a 3D channel over at AVS...

That model uses the active shutter glasses correct? The point on the resolution is for the passive glasses.

DLP's still utilize checkerboard as their final output, so it is still half-resolution.

S~

I just experienced DirecTV 3D yesterday for the first time, and it is amazing, I have a Samsung 40 in my bedroom, the 3 channels available are VERY worthy IMHO!

I've been around, msmith. Just got tired of the fanboys and trolling, thats all. I checked in from time to time but didn't post. Since I finally upgraded, I figured it was time to test the waters again....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts