directv 4k

Status
Please reply by conversation.
OK, had my install done on Saturday. I did everything the rep told me to do when I was doing the order online. I noted on the order that I needed 4K equipment and the installer showed up with the 4K client and the reverse band LNB but didn't have any HR54's. I had him do the install anyway as I was without TV. How can I go about correcting this?

OK, had my install done on Saturday. I did everything the rep told me to do when I was doing the order online. I noted on the order that I needed 4K equipment and the installer showed up with the 4K client and the reverse band LNB but didn't have any HR54's. I had him do the install anyway as I was without TV. How can I go about correcting this?
Did they have an HS17 instead? Personally I'd go with the HR54. How did they do the install without all of the proper equipment?

you need to call back and tell them you didnt get the 4k upgrade you asked for

you really should not have let the installer install anything if he didnt have all the equipment
it could be difficult to get the hr54 now

I just got DirecTV service installed (again) at the first of the month. I thought about the HS17, but decided to go with the HR54, four HR24’s and a C61K for 4K. This way I have 13 tuners and, if the Genie acts up, I can still have service from the HR24’s. I did have to pay for the 24’s but it was worth it to me for the extra tuners. I have a 6TB WD black HDD for the HR54 and 2TB WD black HDDs for the HR24’s, so I have plenty of storage. It already takes a while to go through the playlist :)

I need some advice on how I should proceed. I had a HR-34 since 2012 and recently requested to have my Genie exchanged without a commitment. I was told I'd receive either a HR-44 or HR-54. As I expected, I got the HR-44. Here is my dilemma, I have two 4K OLED tv's and would like to access the 4K content. I just can't justify committing to two years to access one dedicated 4K station. I'm guessing i'm not going to have any luck trying to swap out the HR-44 I just received for a HR-54 along with a swapping a C-31 for a C-61K? I already have two HR-24's. Would you guys recommend I just bite the bullet and activate the HR-44 and wait it out for what could come in 2019? I could part with the HR-24's and go the HS-17 path but with all the known issues, I'm thinking either HR-54 or wait it out. Decisions, decisions...

If you haven't activated the HR44, call and say you intended to upgrade to 4k, but want to keep your HR24s. If they go along, they will send an HR54 and a C61k client.

Right. There's no way anyone's moving to 4K without committing to two years. On a positive note, this is the time to negotiate a good deal in return for that commitment.

I was able to get $45/12, free ST MAX, most of the premiums and sports pack free from 4-12 months along with the genie swap. Shockingly, none of that required any commitment as it normally did before. In time maybe they won't require a two year commitment for 4K but that's impossible to know. Would the C61-K clients offer an improvement in channel changing compared to the HR-24's which take at least 8 seconds per station?

A dvr should be faster than a client to change channels.

you can try running a search on the hr24's for clearmybox
it will purge guide data and other misc stuff
it will not affect timers or recordings

often this helps speed things up, but not always

you need to call back and tell them you didnt get the 4k upgrade you asked for

you really should not have let the installer install anything if he didnt have all the equipment
it could be difficult to get the hr54 now

They are coming back out this Saturday to make it right, no cost to me at all. They put the order in and charged me, but did the credits an hour later.

Can’t complain about that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)