DirecTV Access card

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
I have 2 DirecTV access card that I got from a friend. They say service not activated 771 when plugged in my STB. Can they be used and activated if I got a receiver without a card on ebay or the thrift shop?

no; and cards cant be shared or transferred from user to user; they are married to the receiver in which they were originally activated.

99.9% of the time they make you pay $20 and mail you a new card.
In a few rare circumstances they can change a card to a different receiver, like if a refurb receiver comes to you missing the card. Only the access card team could do it, and it is VERY rare.

Essentially, y ou'll need to pony up the $20 and wait.

99.9% of the time they make you pay $20 and mail you a new card.
In a few rare circumstances they can change a card to a different receiver, like if a refurb receiver comes to you missing the card. Only the access card team could do it, and it is VERY rare.

Essentially, y ou'll need to pony up the $20 and wait.

The reason why is this .

Cards are married to accounts and recievers, problem is and the reason why it rare for ACDT to remarry a card is that it does not always work.
We ship the cards out via fedex.

Sounds like the cards TVpro have were probably in recivers with out RIDs so they were never married other wise he be getting a different error then 771. but there still married to what ever account they came from and hence why we still cant do anything with them.

The reason why is this .

Cards are married to accounts and recievers, problem is and the reason why it rare for ACDT to remarry a card is that it does not always work.
We ship the cards out via fedex.

Sounds like the cards TVpro have were probably in recivers with out RIDs so they were never married other wise he be getting a different error then 771. but there still married to what ever account they came from and hence why we still cant do anything with them.

They say access card 4 on the front I think those are P-4. I thought all cards marry to the receiver when activated. I have two non RID receivers and 4 RID ones that I got from friends over the years. They all work and give me channel 100. Why can't I just swap one of those out for my active lease or use it as a spare when Direct's lease STB dies? To me it make a lot of sense to reuse stuff then just toss the stuff to the curb. Heck we reuse receivers all the time in the 4DTV system and can transfer accounts from one IRD to another with just a phone call. Seems to me Direct is just creating a lot of waste.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)