DirecTV adds another infomercial channel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TomCat4680

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 15, 2008
Mt. Morris, Michigan
DirecTV added another infomercial channel today (341). What's that about lack of bandwidth for HD premiums, I'm trying to hear Billy Blanks...

I'm torn. I'm not sure I'd want to pay a higher subscription fee, but I sure would love to drop the 'money maker' channels and add some new actual content..even in SD (let's see CNNI and BBC World!)

One sd channel added, of any sort, has NOTHING to do with the lack of premiums in HD

One sd channel added, of any sort, has NOTHING to do with the lack of premiums in HD

Exactly.. a SD channels uses so little bandwidth its not even funny.. I think it was close to ... 1 HD uses 12 SD slots.. plus its an infomercial.. go buy your Shamwow kit and your Oxyclean kit and your Magic Jack and dont go back. You pay +-$75 a month to watch your 200+ channels.. they pay a hell of a lot more for that slot. Company needs to make money and subs are not the only way.

Exactly. The new channel probably went on the 101 satellite anyway. All MPEG4 HD channels are on 99 and 103. And besides, for the last time people, bandwidth concerns aren't why we haven't got more channels. D* has room for about 15 channels now.

Last edited:
Exactly.. a SD channels uses so little bandwidth its not even funny.. I think it was close to ... 1 HD uses 12 SD slots.. plus its an infomercial.. go buy your Shamwow kit and your Oxyclean kit and your Magic Jack and dont go back. You pay +-$75 a month to watch your 200+ channels.. they pay a hell of a lot more for that slot. Company needs to make money and subs are not the only way.

dude youre way off. i have 185 channels and I pay 112 bucks a month. only 74 of them are in HD. and its still my first year so im still getting discounts.

dude youre way off. i have 185 channels and I pay 112 bucks a month. only 74 of them are in HD. and its still my first year so im still getting discounts.

What package do you have????? I am not paying near that

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts