DirecTV and Road Runner

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NateCohen

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 19, 2006
Now I know I have spoken bad of Road Runner. I love my Verizon DSL, but I have recently moved and the 3 / 768 plan is not available to me anymore so I'm thinking about switching back to Road Runner. The question is though I have DirecTV and all the wiring is for satellite TV. Is there any way possible I can have Road Runner with DirecTV?

bases1616

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 21, 2006
Orlando, FL
DTV and Roadrunner

Yes you can. I have D* and Roadrunner at my house in FL. The installers have to share the lines and have there seperate boxes outside your house, but it is not a problem.

rad

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Dripping Springs, TX
IMHO, I'd play it safe and have a new line pulled just for the RR service to where you're going to place your modem. With the new KA band being used you can't diplex OTA signals with DBS signals anymore. Since cable uses many of those same frequencies what works not might not in the future.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
IMHO, I'd play it safe and have a new line pulled just for the RR service to where you're going to place your modem. With the new KA band being used you can't diplex OTA signals with DBS signals anymore. Since cable uses many of those same frequencies what works not might not in the future.

I agree with you Rad,

Jimbo

jpn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 2, 2005
I have RR for broadband, AT&T CallVantage VOIP service, D*, and Vector security in the house. The D* IRD's and Vector security use VOIP without any problems, all they care about is getting a dial-tone.

On re-reading, are you asking whether you can have D* with RR on the same cable?

I've got separate RG-6 cables, required for D* HD.

Last edited:

NateCohen

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 19, 2006
Well they're coming Monday and it's free installation and only $30.00 for the first 9 months. So I think I got a pretty good deal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)