Directv and US Digital HDTV Tuner/Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sorry, It won't work. You need Directv hd recievers for directv content. How ever
it will work with a roof top antenna.

thanks for the info mazter17 but then what is the purpose of the card slut on this unit? shuld not be to be used with diferent satellite providers?

It's probably for future use. Maybe down the road they will work. I'm not sure but maybe it is compatable with a cable card?

ann_coulter_card.jpg

Heh, card slut

I was thinking similar thing when I read card slut. Good one.

D* announced a direct capture device at CES this year that will work with Windows Media Center (more than likely only with a pre-configured Vista model). They mentioned avail by end of year but I highly doubt it. It will more than likely coincide with Vista release sometime in 2007.

A cablecard 1.0 device should be ready by end of year. That will allow direct capturing of HD programs from your cable company. As long as they support cablecards. I read Time Warner was using box technology for some HD channels so it was limiting or negating cablecard functionality for HD.

cmoreno said:
thanks for the info mazter17 but then what is the purpose of the card slut on this unit? shuld not be to be used with diferent satellite providers?
The slot is for use with USDTV, an OTA subscription TV service offered by US Digital in four areas.

http://www.usdtv.com

If you're not in one of those four areas (Salt Lake City, Albuquerque, Las Vegas or Dallas/Fort Worth), the slot is useless.

Would this work with a basic cable line running into it. I mean, I understand it mgiht not pick up the High Def signal, but could u run an anaglog cable line into this unit, as well as an antenna line, and it work?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)