DIRECTV Announces First Quarter 2011 Results

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I like how directv makes it look like they are doing better than they actually are.... Take away the latin america stuff, Directv really only added 184,000 subs. While that is on par for directv, its really not that much.

DIRECTV U.S. increases net additions 84% to 184,000 in the quarter. <-------- This is the key number!
That is over 100k more (Harsh, I do not want to give the exact number because I do not feel like it) than what Dish added and they have yet to have a net loss quarter, unlike Dish. Yet, Dish too put out an optimistic report.

Besides, why exclude LA subs? They are still paying subs that add to the total count that bring in revenue to the same company.

Well the satellite TV boom is pretty much over. With so many other options available to the customers, you're not going to see big numbers like in the past.
You will see most paid TV provider numbers plateau soon. Most cable has plateaued long ago; they are now in the bandwidth business

extra $0.85 a share, if you have 100 shares you might be able to fill your gas tank twice!!! depending on its size.

That is over 100k more (Harsh, I do not want to give the exact number because I do not feel like it) than what Dish added and they have yet to have a net loss quarter, unlike Dish. Yet, Dish too put out an optimistic report.

Besides, why exclude LA subs? They are still paying subs that add to the total count that bring in revenue to the same company.

That makes it an apples to oranges comparison when comparing against dish.... Also I found some fuzzy math from Directv anyhow. Looks like they actually had more sub growth than they reported.

As per the thread in the warzone here, http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...66-directv-vs-dish-sub-count.html#post2528427

No its not.... Directv reported that they ended the quarter with 19.41 million subs as per the press release.

DIRECTV U.S. ended the quarter with 19.41 million subscribers
Here DIRECTV, Inc. - DIRECTV Announces First Quarter 2011 Results Under US segment, 1st paragraph...

The previous quarter's press release reported that they had 19.22 Million subs.

Under forth quarter reivew, Here DIRECTV, Inc. - DIRECTV Fourth Quarter Results Complete Another Record Setting Year for the Company

DIRECTV U.S. ended the quarter with 19.22 million subscribers compared with 18.56 million subscribers as of December 31, 2009.

19.41-19.22 million subs = 190,000 adds. Directv's numbers are off or they are reporting the wrong numbers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)