HBO Go App is Up!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
Both iPad and iPhone. Signed in with no problems.
Checked out True Blood and they show all seasons. Direct on demand only has season one up:(

Very cool app!!

Thanks for the heads up, loading right now on the iphone, must be quite the app, taking a few minutes to load

:( Humm looks like 3G for iphone is not strong enough as I am getting a "audio only" message basiclly telling me this

Update: I only see to have this problem with soprano episodes, I will check other soprano episodes in a bit

Last edited:
jwgreen68 said:
Go figure. I downloaded the app for my LG Ally and it says my device isn't supported. Does HBO GO need flash?

From Engadget:

Update: Sorry Android users, but it looks like the only supported versions for the Android app are 2.1 - 2.3.3. However, we're getting reports that it does function in the browser -- so long as you've got Flash installed, of course. We're also told that the HBO Go site works just fine on the PlayBook as well.

tigerfan33 said:
From Engadget:

Update: Sorry Android users, but it looks like the only supported versions for the Android app are 2.1 - 2.3.3. However, we're getting reports that it does function in the browser -- so long as you've got Flash installed, of course. We're also told that the HBO Go site works just fine on the PlayBook as well.

I have version 2.2-froyo. But my phone doesn't support flash. From what I've read, a lot of Droid users aren't able to run the app.

Working great on my Android.. but..

HBO Go works fantastic on my Samsung Galaxy PDA with Android 2.2 but the only problem is the volume of the videos. I really need to use the headphones. I watch Youtube and other net videos all the time and listen to XM, Fox News Radio, and local radio all the time and they get so loud but HBOGo is so low with the media volume cranked as high as it goes.

When I got my cell phone plan with AT&T I had unlimited data. I know they changed that for new plans but not sure if I was grandfathered in or not. I was never notified. But to be on the safe side I put HBOGo on wifi only and not 3G. I can only imagine how it sucks up data usage.

Thank you HBO. Does anybody know if Showtime is working on this? What about Starz. This is great.

Man I love the HBO app, its amazing, its uncensored, its wonderful!

No-Go for me either. Im using Las Vegas Sprint - Samsung Epic 4G 2.2-froyo. Ran into few problems. LOL, upon first launching the app, it would crash when I chose to sign in. Rebooted phone and now able to log in, I can choose to play a video and it actually plays the HBO Go splash intro Video, but then the screen just sits on a buffer spinning spiral in center of screen ...just loading, loading. Tried WiFi and 4G, same.

Edit: Im going to look for help here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/index.php This is a monster Android Programmer community. There are like over 100 boards

Last edited:
Works great on cm7 htc inspire. Adds significant value to a hbo sub imo.

when is there going to be an app for watching my recorded programs on my DTV DVR?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)