DIRECTV Announces New HD!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
additional PPV should not count. that's a pretty anemic list compared to some of the more popular channels carried by cable and Dish (AMC, for one)

DIRECTV has announced 30 new HD channels coming to DIRECTV this May.

DIRECTV: Press Release: DIRECTV Extends Its HD lead With Over 160 HD Channels

Among the 30 new HD channels that DIRECTV will begin launching next month are:
  • CSN Bay Area HD
  • CSN California HD
  • Encore HD East
  • ESPNU HD
  • FSN Florida HD
  • GolTV HD
  • Hallmark Channel HD
  • Hallmark Movie Channel HD
  • HBO2 East HD
  • HBO Zone HD
  • Lifetime HD
  • MSNBC HD

• Showtime Beyond HD
  • Showtime Next HD
  • Showtime Women HD
  • STARZ Cinema HD
  • STARZ In Black HD
  • Telefutura HD West
  • TMC Xtra HD East
  • Travel Channel HD
  • Univision HD East
  • WGN HD
  • Additional DIRECTV Cinema Channels
:rolleyes:
Big friggen whoop.

I guess this is cool for those that want these channels, but the only one that would even remotely interest me would be WGN, and would be because of baseball. Even that is not that big of a deal because I have EI and can see pretty much every game in HD anyway.

Big friggen whoop.

I guess this is cool for those that want these channels, but the only one that would even remotely interest me would be WGN, and would be because of baseball. Even that is not that big of a deal because I have EI and can see pretty much every game in HD anyway.

ESPNU is a nice add (from a Dish sub perspective) :)

Big friggen whoop.

What were you looking for?
The list could be better, but its OK
I could do without the RSN's , And I wish more Cinemax channels were added.

DIRECTV has announced 30 new HD channels coming to DIRECTV this May.

DIRECTV: Press Release: DIRECTV Extends Its HD lead With Over 160 HD Channels

Among the 30 new HD channels that DIRECTV will begin launching next month are:
  • CSN Bay Area HD
  • CSN California HD
  • Encore HD East
  • ESPNU HD
  • FSN Florida HD
  • GolTV HD
  • Hallmark Channel HD
  • Hallmark Movie Channel HD
  • HBO2 East HD
  • HBO Zone HD
  • Lifetime HD
  • MSNBC HD
  • Showtime Beyond HD
  • Showtime Next HD
  • Showtime Women HD
  • STARZ Cinema HD
  • STARZ In Black HD
  • Telefutura HD West
  • TMC Xtra HD East
  • Travel Channel HD
  • Univision HD East
  • WGN HD
  • Additional DIRECTV Cinema Channels

That's good for you guys.

What I find interesting in this, is that GolTV is not going HD until August, by their own press release. Will this be one more non-HD "HD channel"?

Big friggen whoop.

Gosh Dodger, I'm mostly in it for sports and thought that was a good list to start.

WGN, ESPNU, several more 24/7 RSNs - which frees more space for the odd-feed games (like SD4, Rogers, etc) that get skipped sometimes due to bandwith, and pretty much guarantees those RSN feeds (the ones going 24/7) in HD for every game.

Plus the movie channels is fixing a long term problem with Directv. If someone pays for HBO they deserve more than 2 HD channels.

Me too... I think 45 of them are the Channel 1 VOD "Channels"

I went to the link for Direct to see the "Breakdown" got to give them credit for putting all the channels including the cinema channels and stuff.....I think Dish should do the same

What were you looking for?
The list could be better, but its OK
I could do without the RSN's , And I wish more Cinemax channels were added.
To be honest, not much. Direct pretty much carries everything I am interested in.

I don't watch premiums, chick channels, or news channels.

But like I said, glad to see others getting what they want.

It's great that DirecTV has announced more HD.

But, WGN HD is the only one on the list that really interests me.
I don't subscribe to the correct programming to get most of the others.

Plus the movie channels is fixing a long term problem with Directv. If someone pays for HBO they deserve more than 2 HD channels.
This is great and a long time coming.
I hope its just the start adding movie channels.

Showtime Beyond HD
Showtime Next HD
Showtime Women HD
STARZ Cinema HD
STARZ In Black HD
TMC Xtra HD East
HBO2 East HD
HBO Zone HD
Encore HD East

This is a nice list of long over due premiums.
Looks like I'll keep Starz and Showtime

Gosh Dodger, I'm mostly in it for sports and thought that was a good list to start.

WGN, ESPNU, several more 24/7 RSNs - which frees more space for the odd-feed games (like SD4, Rogers, etc) that get skipped sometimes due to bandwith, and pretty much guarantees those RSN feeds (the ones going 24/7) in HD for every game.

I don't dissagree with what you are stating. My comment was more of a selfish one pertaining to my own interests.

I don't watch college sports except for USC football and that is shown in HD locally. EI provides just about every game in HD already. CSNBA already has every game in HD and most of them are shown on EI.

I don't sub to premiums.

I am glad those BA subs will be getting their own local RSN in HD full time. I was happy when Direct put up ours in HD full time. I am glad to see that the premium subs are finally getting more HD choices as well

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)