DIRECTV Announces New HD!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
To be honest, not much. Direct pretty much carries everything I am interested in.

I don't watch premiums, chick channels, or news channels.

But like I said, glad to see others getting what they want.
I wish AMC,Fox Movie channel,and E! would have been there, but When your behind in the HD counts by 2 years you gotta start somewhere.
D* shouldn't be adding any more PPV.
Thats a waste of space. There are only so many movie made a year.

Here is D* current HD channel Line up.

SatelliteGuys.US - View Single Post - E* 200 HD channel list.

So now with adding 30, Thats should bring D* total to just over 900 using E* math.
Since 8=40 in Charlie math.

This list was counted legit by the way. This is what is available to any customer with HR2* equipment with internet connection and Premium base pack and the required seasonal sports packs.

Last edited:
I wonder how many of the 30 channels are going to be additional DIRECTV Cinema channels.

And while I don't speak spanish I would love Univision and Telefutura in HD... those spanish channels have the hostest women hosts. ;)

Since you all turned this into a war zone thread, I'll add some fuel to the fire: :D
DISH Network Becomes First and Only TV Provider to Offer 200 National HD Channels
6:00a ET April 19, 2010 (PR NewsWire)

DISH Network L.L.C., America's fastest-growing pay-TV provider, today became the first and only company to offer 200 national high definition channels. New additions to the nation's largest full-time HD line-up include EPIX HD, G4 HD, Headline News HD, History International HD, Nat Geo Wild HD, ShortsHD, Style HD and Turner Classic Movies HD.

Consumers can enjoy these high definition channels and more via the most advanced DVR technology in the industry, DISH Network's award-winning ViP 922 SlingLoaded DVR. This is the world's only DVR with integrated Sling technology, allowing DISH Network customers to watch their favorite programs anytime and anywhere via their laptop or mobile device. Customers with a ViP 922 have access to 200 HD channels through a giant 1 terabyte hard drive - twice as large as any other distributor's DVR.

"While others repeatedly claim they have the capacity to offer 200 HD channels, only DISH Network has delivered," said Tom Cullen, executive vice president of Sales, Marketing and Programming for DISH Network. "We are pleased to continue to lead the industry in delivering the best movies and entertainment with channels such as EPIX HD."

For more information on the nation's largest HD line-up as well as the ViP 922, visit Satellite TV - HD Satellite Television - DISH 1.800.823.4929.

About DISH Network

DISH Network L.L.C., a subsidiary of DISH Network Corporation (Nasdaq: DISH), provides more than 14.1 million satellite TV customers, as of Dec. 31, 2009, with the highest quality programming and technology at the best value, including the lowest all-digital price nationwide. Customers have access to hundreds of video and audio channels, the most HD channels, the most international channels, state-of-the-art interactive TV applications, and award-winning HD and DVR technology including 1080p Video on Demand and the ViP 722 HD DVR, a CNET and PC Magazine "Editors' Choice." DISH Network Corporation is included in the Nasdaq-100 Index (NDX) and is a Fortune 200 company. Visit Satellite TV - HD Satellite Television - DISH 1.800.823.4929, follow on Twitter, @dishnetwork (DISH Network (dishnetwork) on Twitter), or become a Fan on Facebook, DISH Network | Facebook.

Now continue with your arguments...

I wonder how many of the 30 channels are going to be additional DIRECTV Cinema channels.

And while I don't speak spanish I would love Univision and Telefutura in HD... those spanish channels have the hostest women hosts. ;)
Nice to watch with an EAP button (instead of a SAP) button. :D

I think that they are counting 40 VOD titles, which is stupid. It is a marketing ploy, but a very poorly conceived one. It seems that both DBS providers love fuzzy math when it comes to HD. I think it is stupid to count PPV channels that are HD, and part time RSN's.

I think that they are counting 40 VOD titles, which is stupid. It is a marketing ploy, but a very poorly conceived one. It seems that both DBS providers love fuzzy math when it comes to HD. I think it is stupid to count PPV channels that are HD, and part time RSN's.
Just more fuel for the DirecTV, "To Tell The Truth" commercials.

This page sums it well:

DIRECTV: HD Channel Lineup

The HD channel counts from cable and DISH Network seem awfully exaggerated. At DIRECTV we take a common sense approach. If a 24/7 channel is in HD we count it as an HD channel, just like you would. We don't pad our lineup with "game-only" or part-time HD channels or HD video-on-demand titles that aren't even channels. With DIRECTV what you see is what you get. See our full list of HD channels below. We challenge DISH Network and cable to show you their full list...but we know they won't.

Its only turns into a war, when the E* stuff starts showing up.
I provided a list of DIRECTV channels in the D* forum.
So thats not a war.
Posting Dish Press release causes a war. But D* guys amoung themselves talking about its competition isn't a war.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)