DIRECTV Announces New HD!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Based on further comments from SatRacer, we will be getting 14 channels on 6/23. If you look at the previous press release and take out what we've already gotten (the two Latin channels and the 5 other channels) and take out Gol TV (which won't be on air until August) and take out the mentioned HD PPVs, there are 14 channels left from the press release. They are:

Encore HD East
Hallmark Channel HD
HBO2 HD East
HBO Zone HD
Lifetime HD
Showtime Beyond HD
Showtime Next HD
Showtime Women HD
Starz Cinema HD
Starz InBlack HD
TMC Xtra HD East
FSN Florida HD
CSN Bay Area HD
CSN California HD

So I'm assuming that this is what we will get.

Also based his comments there won't be any unannounced channels on 6/23.

Interesting .....
I don't watch any of the ones you listed.

Based on further comments from SatRacer, we will be getting 14 channels on 6/23. If you look at the previous press release and take out what we've already gotten (the two Latin channels and the 5 other channels) and take out Gol TV (which won't be on air until August) and take out the mentioned HD PPVs, there are 14 channels left from the press release. They are:

Encore HD East
Hallmark Channel HD
HBO2 HD East
HBO Zone HD
Lifetime HD
Showtime Beyond HD
Showtime Next HD
Showtime Women HD
Starz Cinema HD
Starz InBlack HD
TMC Xtra HD East
FSN Florida HD
CSN Bay Area HD
CSN California HD

Interesting .....
I don't watch any of the ones you listed.

Encore HD East
Hallmark Channel HD
HBO2 HD East
HBO Zone HD
Lifetime HD
Showtime Beyond HD
Showtime Next HD
Showtime Women HD
Starz Cinema HD
Starz InBlack HD
TMC Xtra HD East
FSN Florida HD
CSN Bay Area HD
CSN California HD

So I'm assuming that this is what we will get.

Also based his comments there won't be any unannounced channels on 6/23.

What about the full time FSN - Ohio and FSN - Cincy?

Encore HD East
Hallmark Channel HD
HBO2 HD East
HBO Zone HD
Lifetime HD
Showtime Beyond HD
Showtime Next HD
Showtime Women HD
Starz Cinema HD
Starz InBlack HD
TMC Xtra HD East
FSN Florida HD
CSN Bay Area HD
CSN California HD
So, only two basic package channels? And two of the worst ones on my list. Looks like I will not need to worry about doing anything on the 23rd?

For those with movie packages, it does look more promising to you. Glad to see you guys paying extra for these channels finally getting something in return.

Those in the BA will be happy as well (at least the sports fans there will be)

Encore HD East

HBO2 HD East
HBO Zone HD

Showtime Beyond HD
Showtime Next HD

Starz Cinema HD
Starz InBlack HD
TMC Xtra HD East
FSN Florida HD
CSN Bay Area HD
CSN California HD

11 For me!:hungry:

So, only two basic package channels? And two of the worst ones on my list. Looks like I will not need to worry about doing anything on the 23rd?

For those with movie packages, it does look more promising to you. Glad to see you guys paying extra for these channels finally getting something in return.

Those in the BA will be happy as well (at least the sports fans there will be)

I feel the same way, only two basic hd additions. Good for the movie buffs, maybe Skottey will calm down a little bit. :eek: ;) I'm looking forward to DIY hd, but I fear they will stretch everything that isn't really hd.

Nice we get more premiums. Hallmark HD was my least liked channel with horrible stretched video on Dish. Never watched much Lifetime so can't comment. I do know the Lifetime programming is directed toward the ladies so that's good news for many.

I still sub to Starz, so will pick up 3 more HD movie channels.

I sub'ed to all of the premiums for years, but several months back I dropped down to just Starz due to the lack of HD on HBO, Cinemax, and Showtime. I doubt I add them back because of these 5 channel additions (including the TMC channel). I've gotten used to not having them, but I might think about it.

Nice we get more premiums. Hallmark HD was my least liked channel with horrible stretched video on Dish. Never watched much Lifetime so can't comment. I do know the Lifetime programming is directed toward the ladies so that's good news for many.

i love army wives which is on lifetime!

I got my basis covered so any HD is all bonus at this point. I do wish BBC America was in the first wave but its not like I have nothing to watch. After the initial big HD wave MRV was the most important thing and even thats been solved. And now the HR24 speed. Jeez Directv, I am spoiled.

I got my basis covered so any HD is all bonus at this point. I do wish BBC America was in the first wave but its not like I have nothing to watch. After the initial big HD wave MRV was the most important thing and even thats been solved. And now the HR24 speed. Jeez Directv, I am spoiled.

What ?
You mean when BBC A comes inHD, I will be able to get Star Trek NG in HD !!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.