DIRECTV Announces New HD!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
My relative has D*, and I just tried refreshing her HD receiver. TMC Xtra HD and Encore HD have a 721 Channel Not Purchased message. Lame..... If this is true about Encore HD, then is there a way to go to Encore without getting the HD one and the 721 message? E* is opposite with Encore. With AT 250 and HD, we get the HD channel but not the SD channel. I think it is silly to be honest.

You've reset the recvr ?
Try it again, I can't tell you if it went HD or not as I don't get alot of the premiums.
You know for the TMC Xtra HD you need to have the HD EXTRA package, if not, you will get that message.

To verify the SD channel, go to your Menu, Set Up, System Set Up, Display, Preferences, Hide HD Channels and highlight, select Show ALL Channels.

All is working but oddly 530 (StarzInBlack) is showing up twice (the HD and the SD) even though I have SD Duplicates turned off. Everything else applicable, including the other Starz and Encore hid the duplicates like they should. Is this just me? I think StarzInBlack might actually be new but I am not sure. I know when I had FIOS it was like the only Starz not in HD and they had all premiums available in HD in HD except for Starz West.

Anyway, this is a great start. We do need more HBOs and MAX channels in HD.

Of course we need AMC HD as well for Mad Men and Breaking Bad.

Of course, Lifetime does that stretch-o-vision crap. Considering most of what they show is pre-HD, that means just about everything will be in stretch mode.

I am glad I never watch this channel.

You've reset the recvr ?
Try it again, I can't tell you if it went HD or not as I don't get alot of the premiums.
You know for the TMC Xtra HD you need to have the HD EXTRA package, if not, you will get that message.

To verify the SD channel, go to your Menu, Set Up, System Set Up, Display, Preferences, Hide HD Channels and highlight, select Show ALL Channels.

I have reset, and she is not getting Encore HD or TMC Xtra HD.

Of course, Lifetime does that stretch-o-vision crap. Considering most of what they show is pre-HD, that means just about everything will be in stretch mode.

i know army wives is hd and i believe drop dead diva is as well.

I have reset, and she is not getting Encore HD or TMC Xtra HD.

Well, like I said, you won't get TMC XTRA unless you have the HD Extra package.
as for Encore HD, not sure what's happening with that, others have not mentioned any problems with it.
Might want to call D* and have them check it on your recvr.

Ahhhhh, well, most of the women in my life don't care. One in particular has FIOS and a 72" TV. GREAT PICTURE. She watches the lower stretched SD channels, including Lifetime usually and all the premiums while her husband watches the glorious HD channels. I honestly don't think she can tell the difference and she watches a lot of TV.

I have gotten to the point where I find it very difficult to watch any SD. I mean, I still do since we don't have certain channels in HD and I watch certain shows but I just cannot watch it unless I absolutely have to.

Heck... I will sit through the seasons of Breaking Bad and Mad Men on AMC SD and then buy them on bluray and watch them all over again. I love the shows and would probably watch them anyway but a part of me HAS TO SEE THEM in HD as they were intended.

We really need to get AMC HD. I cannot believe that isn't on the announced list. I would also like to see TruTV and Investigation Discovery... maybe someday.

Ahhhhh, well, most of the women in my life don't care. One in particular has FIOS and a 72" TV. GREAT PICTURE. She watches the lower stretched SD channels, including Lifetime usually and all the premiums while her husband watches the glorious HD channels. I honestly don't think she can tell the difference and she watches a lot of TV.
My wife can tell the difference, but she does not care. My mom on the other hand cannot tell the difference at all between stretched SD and OAR 16:9 HD

Well, like I said, you won't get TMC XTRA unless you have the HD Extra package.
as for Encore HD, not sure what's happening with that, others have not mentioned any problems with it.
Might want to call D* and have them check it on your recvr.

She actually has a free trial of the HD Extra package and is recieving the rest of those channels currently.
Thanks for helping.
We may just wait; the same thing happened to TMC-East HD when I upgraded her to Choice Ultimate right when the package became available.

I have the Choice Ultimate pkg and I have reset from the directv web site. Also rebooted the receiver and I still dont get the Encore East hd and the other TMC extra hd channel.

Lem52

I have the Choice Ultimate pkg and I have reset from the directv web site. Also rebooted the receiver and I still dont get the Encore East hd and the other TMC extra hd channel.

Lem52

There's an issue that should be corrected today. A poster at the other site posted this.

DBSTalk.Com - View Single Post - New HD channels coming in May/June!

I also have the ultimate package and Encore HD is not coming in. I talked to tech support and he tried everything and said that engineering forgot to add it to the package. The only way I could get it was when he authorized Starzed. When I first got Ultimate I could not receive TMCHD and a csr gave me Showtime free for a month so I could get the channel. Tech said it should be corrected later today.

Sweet, so whats next? lol

I cant wait for more national HD channels but Im glad for those that have premiums. I currnetly have them free for three months as my anniversary gift and they look great.

Sweet, so whats next? lol

I cant wait for more national HD channels but Im glad for those that have premiums. I currnetly have them free for three months as my anniversary gift and they look great.

Yes, I am enjoying the new HD myself, so for the upcoming summer is it just GOLTV that we will be seeing as HD adds?

I think StarzInBlack might actually be new but I am not sure. I know when I had FIOS it was like the only Starz not in HD and they had all premiums available in HD in HD except for Starz West.

The following new channels on DirecTV launched in HD for the first time on any provider today:

Starz Cinema
Starz in Black
Showtime Beyond
Showtime Next
Showtime Women

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)