DIRECTV Announces New HD!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It is quite possible that AMC HD would get higher ratings.

However it is also quite possible that offering FSC & GOL will result in adding or retaining more subscribers than would AMC HD.

It is quite possible that AMC HD would get higher ratings.

However it is also quite possible that offering FSC & GOL will result in adding or retaining more subscribers than would AMC HD.

Speaking for myself, I would leave DirecTV in a heartbeat and get FIOS again if Verizon gets their act together and offers it at my location (I'm wired but they are not serviceable after living here a year). AMC HD and some more HBO/MAX HD channels might just be enough to keep me from changing providers. GOL would certainly not be.

Not to mention that the Q2 reports have shown a very strong growth in LA subscriptions. This is one channel that makes the Latin packages even more enticing for those subs.

Actually DirecTV LA is not the same thing as the Spanish-language packages for United States subscribers. It is a different service with completely different channel packages for countries in Central and South America. There are far fewer HD channels offered to those counties than there are here. And I think the channels also come off of different satellites.

That's not to say I think it is foolish for them to add GolTV and FSC in HD. It makes the Sports Pack (and maybe DirecTV as a whole) far more appealing for soccer fans.

Actually DirecTV LA is not the same thing as the Spanish-language packages for United States subscribers. It is a different service with completely different channel packages for countries in Central and South America. There are far fewer HD channels offered to those counties than there are here. And I think the channels also come off of different satellites.

That's not to say I think it is foolish for them to add GolTV and FSC in HD. It makes the Sports Pack (and maybe DirecTV as a whole) far more appealing for soccer fans.
Thanks for the info. I did not realize that. I thought the LA packs are the Spanish packs and come from the same birds (since they will still be in their line of sight)

Speaking for myself, I would leave DirecTV in a heartbeat and get FIOS again if Verizon gets their act together and offers it at my location (I'm wired but they are not serviceable after living here a year). AMC HD and some more HBO/MAX HD channels might just be enough to keep me from changing providers. GOL would certainly not be.

I totally agree with you. I absolutely love DirecTV and I absolutely hate their premium channel offerings. They should AT LEAST offer HBO/MAX at a discounted rate!

channels might just be enough to keep me from changing providers. GOL would certainly not be.

Funny enough, when Dish dropped GolTv it made me switch to DirecTv :D

Dish lost a $130/month account and Direct Tv gained one

So, here it is August! How many of the promised HD channels has Direct added. Or are they as bad a Dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)