DIRECTV Announces New HD!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
D* hasn't promised either channel any time soon.

Even if they had "promised," anybody that has been around this site and or a subscriber long enough knows how DirecTV is about keeping promises. A DirecTV promise is worth nothing. Ringing a bell for me is the June 2007 HBO/MAX HD promise of 11-13 channels by Dec 2007. That came and went and well, we are just lucky to have HBO Zone HD now (Comedy would have been nicer).

AMC HD is a must have these days. Promise or not, it should be on their agenda for sure.

I thought the LA packs are the Spanish packs and come from the same birds (since they will still be in their line of sight)
DIRECTV's Ka birds are all but undetectable in most DIRECTV LA service areas. The fall-off on the edge of the beam is very quick.

i got question if directv wanted to add Canada Sports Channels? like Sportnet

You mean like TSN ?

From what I know , D* is not allowed in Canada for sub's, but that is a Canada thing, not a D* thing....
Are you asking CAN D* add the sport channel ?

That would have to be negotiated and a Contract ....

I would think that D* would be happy to somehow be able to get in on the bidding for TSN come contract time .... however, I have NEVER heard anything like this being discussed.

TSN would be a GREAT move for the NHL. :D

Is there any talk for DirecTV to add TruTV in HD? I know that some of the march madness early round games will be on that channel starting this upcoming year. (sorry if it was mentioned earlier in this thread - I didn't read all 41 pages...)

Is there any talk for DirecTV to add TruTV in HD? I know that some of the march madness early round games will be on that channel starting this upcoming year. (sorry if it was mentioned earlier in this thread - I didn't read all 41 pages...)

Tru TV and March Maddness ?????

Really ?

Wow, that came out of left field ... I would have NEVER looked there. :eek:

Wow, that came out of left field ... I would have NEVER looked there. :eek:
Who would have thought that they would put Olympics coverage on MSNBC and Universal HD? Neither is known for their live (or even tape delayed) sports coverage.

i got question if directv wanted to add Canada Sports Channels? like Sportnet

they can't. Those channels are only authorized to be in Canada.
TSN (and TSN2) is partially owned by ESPN so lots of stuff on TSN is from ESPN

Most of what is on those channels (Score, TSN/TSN2, Sportsnet) is stuff from sports channels in the US already (FSN, ESPN family)

I have both setups (D* and Shaw)...now if someone would carry all the CFL games in the states that would be great :)

The early rounds are supposed to be on TBS aren't they?

According to USA Today, it will be on CBS, TNT, TBS, and TruTV.

NCAA reaches 14-year deal with CBS/Turner for men's basketball tournament, which expands to 68 teams for now - Campus Rivalry: College Football & Basketball News, Recruiting, Game Picks, and More - USATODAY.com

"The new deal with CBS and Turner will spread NCAA tournament games across four networks -- CBS, TBS, TNT and truTV -- starting next March. CBS and Turner will share coverage of regional semifinals, and CBS will carry regional finals and Final Four games through 2015. All games will be available on live TV instead of CBS switching back and forth."

today i was watching Blue Jays BB on Sportnet, i was thinking it would be great if Directv because i'm big fan of Junior Hockey and Sportnet and TSN and i was just wondering what was the rule about adding Canada stations

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts