DIRECTV Announces New HD!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Heh, I have one too, I picked it up on sale for ~$2400. Its HDMI board croaked just out of warranty and then the bulb blew at about half its life span. I decided it was time to move along and get something else.

I've liked ours. Heard that some of the newer models are using LED now. Be nice if they could come up with an LED replacement that would work with the older models.

LOL, happy now? Avatars just never were a big deal to me. Anyway since I like to ask stupid questions it should fit :)

EDIT: As to the whole "add another 2 years" issue thats really not a big deal for me as I'm fairly certain DTV is where I'm going to stay. I have tried a bunch of services over the years and ended up coming back to DTV some time ago. When I moved into this house 16 yrs ago we had DTV. When I first got my HD TV I gave Voom a shot and it promptly went out of business. Then Dish convinced me to give them a shot and was always having problems and got tired of loosing sat signal etc. Then gave Comcast a try for a bit after that and they were a pain and never was happy with the service. Finally went back to DTV, initially with an HR-20 that actually worked pretty well. Then when it was acting up they swapped it out for one of the HR-22's Its okay and I think better than the 20, other than my having to go and buy the darn antenna box for it (AM-21 or whatever its called) but its still lacking. If I can get them to swap for free great, if I have to buy one then will still most likely do it.

Jimbo, a question. You mentioned buying it, hooking it up and just paying an extra 5 for a month or so till I get everything off of it. That sounds doable but not sure on how the wiring would work. I am really tempted to get one and not sure with how things are wired now on how to add it into the current system. Could you PM me so we don't clutter up this thread more?

Sure, NP ...
Sorry, just got home.

Yeah, I discovered that right after I asked but forgot to update my post. It's okay and I'll deal with it. The big problem is when someone wants to get one from DTV. They swapped my old 20 for a 22 a while back and I had to fight tooth and nail to get one.

Okay, let me see if I have things right. They will put a gadget on my dish so that all the signals go thru one cable. That cable goes to a special splitter and wires are then ran to the rooms I want DVR's in. Then in one room a Swm, i think its called, is put in line before the cable goes to one of the DRV coax connections. I don't have to have one in every room or before any splits just somewhere in the line? Then on the box nearest to the network hub a different thing goes in line so DECA and ether can chat.

Mainly I'm just making sure they don't have to put the device before wires go to other rooms as that would mean a wire in the house then back out and over to other rooms.

Sorry if I'm not explaining myself well and my doodle may suck but combined maybe what I'm trying to say is understandable:)

2urs6xt.jpg

Oh and I forgot to add that for the HR22 there has to be some sort of external DECA deal between the cable and the hr22 as well correct

Guys,
I have an HR23-700 now. And seems to get slower and slower. I've tried resetting. I'm thinking about getting the HR24-500.

But I have a question.

The HR23 doesn't need the B-Band Converters. But my old HR21 did require them. Does the HR24 require the B-Band Converters? I have two lines running straight from the 5lnb Slimline dish.

Thanks

Guys,
I have an HR23-700 now. And seems to get slower and slower. I've tried resetting. I'm thinking about getting the HR24-500.

But I have a question.

The HR23 doesn't need the B-Band Converters. But my old HR21 did require them. Does the HR24 require the B-Band Converters? I have two lines running straight from the 5lnb Slimline dish.

Thanks

Yes, the HR24 requires BBC's

No the HR24 does not need the BBC's. All you need is a swim installed. I just got one last week.
if he doesn't have a swim install then yes he does need bbc's. if he already has the older ones he can use those without spending money on an swm lnb or other. so those are the options. use the bbc's you had on your older dvr or have a swm lnb installed eliminating the need for bbc's

Thats the fine living channel (FLN) changing its name to the cooking channel, jettisoning some of its shows and throwing out a whole bunch of unknowns with their own cooking shows. I guess in some attempt to compete with FOOD, only in SD.

Thats the fine living channel (FLN) changing its name to the cooking channel, jettisoning some of its shows and throwing out a whole bunch of unknowns with their own cooking shows. I guess in some attempt to compete with FOOD, only in SD.

Food Network, Fine Living, and HGTV are all owned by Scripps... I don't think changing the name to Cooking Channel was meant to COMPETE with Food Network, rather, it was intended to compliment it.

if he doesn't have a swim install then yes he does need bbc's. if he already has the older ones he can use those without spending money on an swm lnb or other. so those are the options. use the bbc's you had on your older dvr or have a swm lnb installed eliminating the need for bbc's

I've already got the BBCs. So, I'll go that route for now. If/when I decide to do MRV then I'll get the SWiM.

Thanks again guys. Y'all cleared up my questions.

I've already got the BBCs. So, I'll go that route for now. If/when I decide to do MRV then I'll get the SWiM.

Thanks again guys. Y'all cleared up my questions.

thats what we here for mark. enjoy that HR24!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts