DIRECTV Announces New HD!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
When was the last sat launch for Directv and where did it go?

Did the last big launch of hd's use this sat......has it been used for anything yet?

When was the last sat launch for Directv and where did it go?

Did the last big launch of hd's use this sat......has it been used for anything yet?

They've launched everything that was in the press release in the OP. In addition Fox Sports Soccer and Fox Sports Soccer Plus were added. With the exception of Univision HD, everything was added to the newest satellite (D12).

DirecTV needs to roll out plenty more of the general entertainment, non-premium channels. AMC HD; BBC America HD; The Cooking Channel HD; E! Entertainment Television HD; Turner Classic Movies HD. Bring in home-shopping programming available in HD. All Discovery Networks available in HD. There are probably at least 50 national HD channels, non-premium, that DirecTV needs to bring in … before talking up the premiums. (Therefore, we're probably talking around 75 channels; I can lose count.)

If another year goes by, and I'm seeing Dish Network has much of what should also be available on DirecTV, I'm not going to care about DirecTV's technological interest in 3-D. And, if this is happening while Dish Network brings in even more HD channels (national level), while DirecTV remains lackluster … well, I do have other choices.

I'd prefer to stay with DirecTV.

Ball is in DirecTV's court.

While I'd like to see AMC HD and TCM HD (and frankly, few of the others interest me), I'm pretty happy with D*'s HD right now. They have most of the channels I watch and the quality is decidedly (to my eyes) better than E*'s. I cannot imagine going back to E*'s mediocre quality HD. For then even with more "HD" channels to select from, my favorite HD channels would be crap and I wouldn't enjoy watching them.

While I'd like to see AMC HD and TCM HD (and frankly, few of the others interest me), I'm pretty happy with D*'s HD right now. They have most of the channels I watch and the quality is decidedly (to my eyes) better than E*'s. I cannot imagine going back to E*'s mediocre quality HD. For then even with more "HD" channels to select from, my favorite HD channels would be crap and I wouldn't enjoy watching them.
Exactly how i feel in fact i might go on and sell my 622's!:up

DirecTV needs to roll out plenty more of the general entertainment, non-premium channels. AMC HD; BBC America HD; The Cooking Channel HD; E! Entertainment Television HD; Turner Classic Movies HD. Bring in home-shopping programming available in HD. All Discovery Networks available in HD. There are probably at least 50 national HD channels, non-premium, that DirecTV needs to bring in … before talking up the premiums. (Therefore, we're probably talking around 75 channels; I can lose count.)

If another year goes by, and I'm seeing Dish Network has much of what should also be available on DirecTV, I'm not going to care about DirecTV's technological interest in 3-D. And, if this is happening while Dish Network brings in even more HD channels (national level), while DirecTV remains lackluster … well, I do have other choices.

I'd prefer to stay with DirecTV.

Ball is in DirecTV's court.

I would like to see more Cinemax channels, it's ridiculous to think they want $ 12 for 3 channels.

When they added ESPNU HD that was my last must have channel. However based on the non HD channels my wife and I watch this would be my order of what I would like to see added.

Tru TV HD
Investigation Discovery HD
BBCA HD
E! HD (just one show)
G4TV HD (just one show)

I also watch the Military Channel a lot but AFAIK a HD version doesn't exist.

While I agree that HBO and Cinemax channels are woefully underrepresented, we don't subscribe to either so personally I'm not bothered by that.

When they added ESPNU HD that was my last must have channel. However based on the non HD channels my wife and I watch this would be my order of what I would like to see added.

Tru TV HD
BBCA HD
E! HD (just one show)
G4TV HD (just one show)

I also watch the Military Channel a lot but AFAIK a HD version doesn't exist.

While I agree that HBO and Cinemax channels are woefully underrepresented, we don't subscribe to either so personally I'm not bothered by that.

Your top 3 are mine as well. Along with Nat Geo Wild..

Tru TV HD
BBCA HD
E! HD (just one show)

E!? Let me guess, it's Chelsea Lately, yes?

raoul5788 said:
E!? Let me guess, it's Chelsea Lately, yes?

Nope, The Soup. I know the show isn't in HD but I wouldn't mind the upgrade in PQ that would come just from it being shown on E! HD. The same is true for Web Soup which is the one show I watch on G4.

dish adding amc hd this week according to scott.I,M STILL HAPPY WITH DIRECTV.ESPNU IN HD OVER HERE.

Status
Please reply by conversation.