DirecTV Announces Next 24 Markets to Receive HD Locals!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
poss, Im in Baltimore DMA also. I just bought an H20, should I wait for D* to call me or should I call them to get the new dish...Thanks

I tried to get my HDs with an OTA, so when I called D* they used a Mover's Install to get me the new dish and the OTA, even though I wasn't moving. It confused the heck out of the installer because he was replacing a dish and not putting up an new one!!!

As for new DMAs, I live in Tallahassee and talked to the Fox affliliate two days ago. The DTV engineers were there that day doing some work so Tallahassee could go into the next batch of lils. I'm excited because I couldn't get a darn thing with the OTA.

Tallahassee is not in the next batch, but I guess you could still hold out hope. What is your zip or distance away from the towers? FL is as flat as they come and getting "available" OTA should be as easy as getting wet in the rain.

Here is the next round of additions:

Baltimore, MD #24
Birmingham, AL #40
Charlotte, NC #27
Cleveland, OH #16
Columbus, OH #32
Denver, CO #18
Fresno, CA #56
Hartford, CT #28
Indianapolis, IN #25
Kansas City, MO/KS #31
Miami, FL #17
Milwaukee, WI #33
Minneapolis, MN #15
Nashville, TN #30
Orlando, FL #20
Phoenix, AZ #14
Pittsburgh, PA #22
Raleigh, NC #29
Sacramento, CA #19
Salt Lake City, UT #36
San Diego, CA #26
Seattle, WA #13
St Louis, MO #21
West Palm Beach, FL #38

Top DMAs skipped in this group:
23: Portland, OR
34: Cincinnati, OH
35: Greenville/Ashville, NC

DMAs that jumped:
38: West Palm Beach, FL
40: Birmingham, AL
56: Fresno, CA

Without the mpeg4 DVR its a big Ole yawn. And without offering every local HD channel its worthless for me. Wake me up in 2007 when their HDLIL crusade is over.

vurbano said:
Without the mpeg4 DVR its a big Ole yawn. And without offering every local HD channel its worthless for me. Wake me up in 2007 when their HDLIL crusade is over.

Hey, maybe by 2007 they will have their MPEG-4 system working somewhat so that the channels are actually watchable..

Somehow I doubt it though... By the time they figure it out there will probably be a new compression scheme for them to take 3 years figuring out..

Im so glad I cancelled my service from those idiots...Im proud to say I will never sub to their garbage again. Unless of course they pay me to use their service :D

I still can't fathom why Vurbano and Guffy feel the need to post on every D* thread. OK so you guys don't like it and I imagine don't subscribe to it. We already know what your going to say. No new info, no new ideas. Do you guys just like to hear yourselves talk? (or type). The respect I have for your opinions is starting to decline....rapidly.

FlyingJ said:
I still can't fathom why Vurbano and Guffy feel the need to post on every D* thread. OK so you guys don't like it and I imagine don't subscribe to it. We already know what your going to say. No new info, no new ideas. Do you guys just like to hear yourselves talk? (or type). The respect I have for your opinions is starting to decline....rapidly.
I believe Vurbano actually has D*.

FlyingJ said:

Actually, I love to hear myself talk, tyvm..

I'm pretty sure they have an ignore feature on this site, use it, and stop whining your same ol crap over and over..

dragon002 said:
lol is there a full moon???

me vs vurbano

you vs guffy

eric vs sean

DING,, DING ,, DING... are you ready to rumble??!!:) :) :)

LOL..Is is fairly amusing isnt it?

Honestly, I just like to get a reaction out of people, and Flying J is always more than willing to accomodate...its just good clean fun to me :D

LOL...But just once, just one positive thing to say about D*, never has happened. So it makes me wonder what the point is. Guff, at least admit something...anything...like ummmm...maybe D* has a nice logo...?

FlyingJ said:
LOL...But just once, just one positive thing to say about D*, never has happened. So it makes me wonder what the point is. Guff, at least admit something...anything...like ummmm...maybe D* has a nice logo...?

I cant think of anything...Sorry

Their SD is worse than anything Ive ever seen..

Their HD is at least tied with the worst Ive ever seen (BEV is really bad too).

Customer service is atrocious...

Installers are almost always way under qualified...

Their logo isn't anything to write home about :D

If I could think of something good to say I wouldn't hesitate to say it at all...

Ive subbed to D*, E*, BEV, and Charter Cable, just for the record..

I dont feel like Im making anything up at all..

dragon002 said:
so guffy, who is your provider at the present??

Charter Cable...And Im thinking about starting DISH back up if I dont get ESPN2HD before baseball season starts, which I highly doubt will happen..

Charter has added 4 new HD channels for me in the last 6 months, but unfortunately ESPN2HD isnt one of them..Im pretty sure Charter has no contract in place at all for ESPN2HD, but not sure..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts