DirecTV Announces Next 24 Markets to Receive HD Locals!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am dumping my D* and going to Comcast. Even in my lowly little town they have more HD channels than D* will have through 2008. I am also switching because D* has been out and tells me that the trees that are more than half a mile from my house are what is keeping me from getting locals on my new 5 LNB dish. Good riddens!

I am dumping my D* and going to Comcast. Even in my lowly little town they have more HD channels than D* will have through 2008. I am also switching because D* has been out and tells me that the trees that are more than half a mile from my house are what is keeping me from getting locals on my new 5 LNB dish. Good riddens!

Bye

Even in my lowly little town they have more HD channels than D* will have through 2008.
What town is that? And are you sure that it wasn't just a local contract installer that says that about those trees as opposed to DirecTV?

Last edited:
What town is that? And are you sure that it wasn't just a local contract installer that says that about those trees as opposed to DirecTV?

Logansport, IN. I have had four different installers out, they all say the same thing. No one could seem to make it work so I decided to give up. I don't know who is contract and who is an acutall D* installer any more.

:(

Portlaned, Maine is now lit (at least, partially). Right now, NBC, ABC and CBS are now active in HD. PBS, FOX, CW and NESN are not.

Where do I find the Portland, ME locals? My locals (6, 8, 13) are still in SD format on my HR-20. Are they on a different channel?

Where do I find the Portland, ME locals? My locals (6, 8, 13) are still in SD format on my HR-20. Are they on a different channel?

They will show up on the same channels as SD (a 5 LNB dish is required). Since they show up twice (SD and HD), the HD should be first in the guide, but in some markets they had SD first and corrected that later.

Raleigh is ** NOT ** 100% HD Locals... WRAL is holding out on D* and I am so pissed about it I might just switch... When you only get 1/2 of your local channels in HD and you can't get a waiver for CBS/FOX -- what is the point?

Raleigh is ** NOT ** 100% HD Locals... WRAL is holding out on D* and I am so pissed about it I might just switch... When you only get 1/2 of your local channels in HD and you can't get a waiver for CBS/FOX -- what is the point?

WHY would you be pissed at D* for this ?
It's the local network that you should be calling and complaining to.
You might switch to what ?
Cable ?
They probably are the reason that D* is being held up.

Jimbo

I would agree there. The lowest gov't official I would start with is a US rep, but lets face it....the gov't isn't interested in enforcing the laws that have to deal with Sat TV. It's just not a big deal to them. They would rather talk about words you can say, wardrobe malfunctions and hold hearings on college football playoffs!!!:rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.