DirecTV Billing Adventure...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
FlyingJ said:
Ummm errrr no. First off Fluff, I hear about such things, not with D* but with other companies...seems that to be charged twice you would somehow have to pay them twice. Like push a submit payment button. But since you say you were I will take that at face value. When speaking to a csr they couldn't see a payment and charge of exactly $128.76 that had previously been posted to your account??? How could you possibly go ahead and authorize another $128.76 that you have already paid and could be seen on your account as plain as day. When I call D* they know exactly what and when I paid for anything. you should have called another CSR. Next, you only skipped about 300 layers of customer service by contacting shareholder relations and then writing the president. Ever here of asking for accounting? At first I felt for you but you handled this so poorly that I can't get behind you on this one. How in gods name could you have two seperte accounts for D* that were tied into the same payment method and then have both deducted without your OK. I have the feeling we are not getting the entire story here.

Next, you only skipped about 300 layers of customer service by contacting shareholder relations and then writing the president. Ever here of asking for accounting?

When I explained to the csr that DirecTV had established two accounts for me, that I had already paid the $128.76, and I had communicated to the csr that there was a problem--the csr should have listened to me and realized that she could not or would not address my concerns, and transferred me to someone who would help me. I am familiar with accounts receivable and related accounting and customer service bureaucracies. It is not my job to learn DirecTV's procedures, organizational divisions, or jargon. I explained my dilemma and I expected DirecTV's agent to help fix this double billing/account number situation at DirecTV.

FlyingJ said:
Ummm errrr no. First off Fluff, I hear about such things, not with D* but with other companies...seems that to be charged twice you would somehow have to pay them twice. Like push a submit payment button. But since you say you were I will take that at face value. When speaking to a csr they couldn't see a payment and charge of exactly $128.76 that had previously been posted to your account??? How could you possibly go ahead and authorize another $128.76 that you have already paid and could be seen on your account as plain as day. When I call D* they know exactly what and when I paid for anything. you should have called another CSR. Next, you only skipped about 300 layers of customer service by contacting shareholder relations and then writing the president. Ever here of asking for accounting? At first I felt for you but you handled this so poorly that I can't get behind you on this one. How in gods name could you have two seperte accounts for D* that were tied into the same payment method and then have both deducted without your OK. I have the feeling we are not getting the entire story here.

How in gods name could you have two seperte accounts for D* that were tied into the same payment method and then have both deducted without your OK.

When the install guy called the DirecTV csr during my installation process, I gave my bank's Visa credit card numbers to the csr and authorized a single $128.76 payment. That was my last contact with DirecTV until I received my bank statement showing two $128.76 deductions. I had no part in DirecTV and my bank's Visa electronic money transactions. I made one authorization to pay $128.76 once.

charper1 said:
I am VERY skeptical of a first time poster with the EXTREMELY WEIRD series of events on a very easy to resolve matter. The fact the user says they wrote to shareholder's relations and the president of DirecTV is almost a pure red flag that this is a fake story meant to enflame emotions and bait you guys.

first time poster with the EXTREMELY WEIRD series of events on a very easy to resolve matter.

Yes, no, yes. Yes, I posted because I wanted to learn if others had similar experiences. No, this situation of duplicate account establishment is not rare or extremely weird in large business databases. And yes, it would have been extremely easy for DirecTV to resolve the situation created by DirecTV's series of events.

charper1 said:
BUT he claimed he "was charged $5 for talking with customer service" NOT simply making a payment or ordering a PPV, so that excuse doesn't wash.

As for the echo you can go to the 2nd post and select edit , then delete it.

"I called DirecTV, charged the additional $128.76 demanded, and was charged $5 for talking with customer service."

FLUFFY50 said:
first time poster with the EXTREMELY WEIRD series of events on a very easy to resolve matter.

Yes, no, yes. Yes, I posted because I wanted to learn if others had similar experiences. No, this situation of duplicate account establishment is not rare or extremely weird in large business databases. And yes, it would have been extremely easy for DirecTV to resolve the situation created by DirecTV's series of events.

wrote to shareholder's relations and the president of DirecTV is almost a pure red flag

I wrote to DirecTV's "shareholder's relations and the president" because my telephone calls to customer service did not resolve the matter, my emails to customer service did not resolve the situation, and most important--I wanted hardcopy evidence of my attempts to cure DirecTV's workings in case DirecTV made a stink of my breaking our 12-month subscription contract.

FLUFFY50 said:
...seems that to be charged twice you would somehow have to pay them twice. Like push a submit payment button.

I spoke with a csr when the install guy called her to complete my installation procedure. I gave her my bank Visa credit/debit card numbers. I did not push any buttons, payment or otherwise.

you handled this so poorly

"o poorly" is relative. Perhaps you are correct, but permit me to disagree.

lou_do said:
If you think you had problems before, really expect them now.

you had problems before, really expect them now.

Oh goody...

FlyingJ said:

When I call D* they know exactly what and when I paid for anything.

Count you blessings.

charper1 said:
I am VERY skeptical of a first time poster with the EXTREMELY WEIRD series of events on a very easy to resolve matter. The fact the user says they wrote to shareholder's relations and the president of DirecTV is almost a pure red flag that this is a fake story meant to enflame emotions and bait you guys.

this is a fake story meant to enflame emotions and bait you guys.

No, no and no. No, my adventure is not fake; I have hardcopy objective papers: including my bank's monthly statements and letters from its dispute resolution representative, and DirecTV's past due notices and a letter from the president's person who fixed their records. No and no, I neither attempt to "enflame" nor "bait"--I consider those behaviors immature and pointless wastes of time.

alexandrepsf said:
I had once a billing problem, a discount they promised me that was not counted somehow.

Although the operator was not the friendliest, but finally I got it sorted out, and no $5 charge in my next bill. This adventure does not look like a "typical D* adventure".

I have doubts about the story.

"I called DirecTV, charged the additional $128.76 demanded, and was charged $5 for talking with customer service."

I "was charged $5 for talking with customer service" because I "charged the additional $128.76 demanded." You are correct, I was not "charged for...talking." Also, I never submitted that this was "'a "typical D* adventure"'--that is from your perspective and interpretation, not mine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)