Directv C31 RVU Receiver for HR34 HMC

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'd rather have the extra tuner with H25's. I really have no problem if I need to pause something just hitting the record button, and then pulling it up on the list and watching it that way.

This product missed the most important, wireless. As was stated a non supported option...Why? Uverse is wireless, why not support it. I'm not even looking at another wired product...Come on. That why everyone buys apple product as they lead in new ideas and do not go backwards....What a waste.

It will work over wireless using the CCK.
Built-in wireless would be nice but it would put the price up for everyone, and as raoul5788 posted, not everyone needs wireless

Built-in wireless would be nice but it would put the price up for everyone, and as raoul5788 posted, not everyone needs wireless
Built-in Wi-fi is a whole lot cheaper, more flexible and consumes considerably less power than DECA but not everyone can reliably use it. Imagine rolling the TV cart out to the patio and only having to plug it into an nearby power outlet.

Built-in Wi-fi is a whole lot cheaper, more flexible and consumes considerably less power than DECA but not everyone can reliably use it. Imagine rolling the TV cart out to the patio and only having to plug it into an nearby power outlet.

It also makes your non-primary TV connections much more "portable".. something no provider is eager to enable...

But from a functional point of view (ie. I am the consumer after all).. it does have appeal.

Got my DTV installed yesterday, first time with Satellite. Was supposed to receive the C31 with my HR34, but instead was given an H21. I spent 90 minutes on the phone with DTV being bounced around. Finally, someone told me that whoever set me up with the C31 did not mistakenly as they are not yet giving those out to the public yet. Obviously pretty bummed, but what argument do I have? They said they noted my account and I will receive a free upgrade to the C31 when it is available.

I wouldn't mind paying the $6 a month if the receiver price was low. I think anymore than $50 for the c31 is a deal breaker if you have to pay $6 a month on top of that.

You might find the price turns out OK when it is officially announced....

As nice as a wireless DTV receiver would be( see prior comment about rolling TV out onto patio), I think there would be a lot of problems with customers complaints about poor signal from signal loss due to their wireless network not being able to handle the pkt rate needed. There are still a lot of old B/G wifi systems out there .

If Uverse is already using it then you are saying Directv is not up to speed with them on supporting a wireless reciever. Guess we can use a noman or use sling box and output your computer to the tv. Sure some people will never need it but some just might. Is the glass half full or half empty? An engineers job is to think outside the box and try something new....Like i said I'd like to see voice activated commands like siri on my iphone. Change the stations on my iphone and get rid of their remote. ac router speed on my wireless receiver. Like I said if Uverse is using the technolgy then there has to be a niche for it...If you want to increase market share you have to be innovative and think outside the box

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts