Directv changing how we broadcast local channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
When I log into my account I now have this message in a orange box.

We will soon be changing how we broadcast local channels in your zip code. This may require a free upgrade to your DIRECTV equipment. To find out if you qualify for an upgrade, call 1-888-763-7772. Mention "Free 72 Local Swap" at the voice prompt.

My zipcode is 16602 (Johnstown/Altoona market) Do anyone know where I can get more information on this?

andrewj0781 said:

We will soon be changing how we broadcast local channels in your zip code. This may require a free upgrade to your DIRECTV equipment. To find out if you qualify for an upgrade, call 1-888-763-7772. Mention "Free 72 Local Swap" at the voice prompt.

My zipcode is 16602 (Johnstown/Altoona market) Do anyone know where I can get more information on this?

I have this message too, it just means your locals are moving from the 72 satellite and you will need MPEG 4 equipment (HD boxes) and a dish that can pull in the right satellite. If you have HD now AND all your boxes are HD (even if the tv is not) you are good to go.

How about "To find out if you qualify for an upgrade, call 1-888-763-7772. Mention "Free 72 Local Swap" at the voice prompt."

andrewj0781 said:

My account is ok which I figured since I was only hooked up on August 22. The person I talked with said it's a warning for people who didn't upgrade yet and maybe missing locals.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)