Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Getting word from PDI-SAT that a bunch of channels are moving on DIRECTV.

Here is a list of whats moving and where they are moving to.

new_channel_list.jpg

This move is very interesting. If I look at what they are doing to appears to be freeing up space where the Cinamax and HBO channels are located. I wonder if they are preparing to start adding more Cinamax and HBO channels.

Hey we beat the "hey we act like we are DIRECTV's official site" again with DIRECTV news. :)

Got to love it! Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

This move is very interesting. If I look at what they are doing to appears to be freeing up space where the Cinamax and HBO channels are located. I wonder if they are preparing to start adding more Cinamax and HBO channels.

I decided to try the Premier package for a bit, so more of those, especially in HD would be nice.

Indeed.

yep if they add more (which I agree it does look like they are moving the space) then I will def. go back to premeir! Also I am going to give their hd pay per view a shot tonight with where the wild things are, lets see how that goes!

That's what I was thinking

Wonder how long that message lasts without getting edited or removed. :)

I feel like Flo fromt he Progressive Insurance Commercials... She likes saving people money on insurance, and I like breaking satellite news first. :)

Okay my question would be why are they giving Cinemax HD and Cinemax West HD their own channels and not the same as the SD feeds? Thats weird.

News Digest
Will DIRECTV Have Room For New HD Channels?
TVPredictions.com
Washington, D.C. (March 6, 2010) -- DIRECTV is planning to store a significantly larger PPV movie service on its new D12 HD satellite, company CFO Patrick Doyle said this week at the Morgan Stanley investors conference.

The announcement is important because the new PPV service is expected to offer up to 400 titles, compared to DIRECTV's current PPV lineup which features fewer than 20 movies.

With the expanded PPV service -- and DIRECTV's upcoming 3-D channels -- set for the new D12 satellite, there might be little room for the addition of new HD networks such as AMC HD, BBC America HD and WGN America HD.

Some industry observers have suggested that DIRECTV might use a different satellite to store the new PPV lineup, leaving space on the new D12 satellite for additional high-def networks. But Doyle said the PPV service would be on the D12 satellite, which is expected to be operational in late spring.

Doyle also said the new PPV service, called DIRECTV Cinema, will be launched in about two months.

This doesn't give me much hope for new HD. I may end up going back to Dish if this turns out to be true.

News Digest
Will DIRECTV Have Room For New HD Channels?
TVPredictions.com
Washington, D.C. (March 6, 2010) -- DIRECTV is planning to store a significantly larger PPV movie service on its new D12 HD satellite, company CFO Patrick Doyle said this week at the Morgan Stanley investors conference.

The announcement is important because the new PPV service is expected to offer up to 400 titles, compared to DIRECTV's current PPV lineup which features fewer than 20 movies.

With the expanded PPV service -- and DIRECTV's upcoming 3-D channels -- set for the new D12 satellite, there might be little room for the addition of new HD networks such as AMC HD, BBC America HD and WGN America HD.

Some industry observers have suggested that DIRECTV might use a different satellite to store the new PPV lineup, leaving space on the new D12 satellite for additional high-def networks. But Doyle said the PPV service would be on the D12 satellite, which is expected to be operational in late spring.

Doyle also said the new PPV service, called DIRECTV Cinema, will be launched in about two months.

This doesn't give me much hope for new HD. I may end up going back to Dish if this turns out to be true.
When are people going to learn that Swanni is ALWAYS wrong. I don't know how many times this has to be stated.

Patrick Doyle did not say D12 will be used for PPV channels. This just shows how stupid Swanni actually is. Doyle said they will be offering much more in the way of movie choices. These movies will be broadcast via VOD (broadband download).

All Directv has to do for me , Is add the HBO's and Cinemax they have in HD,
Plus
  1. HBO Zone SD or HD
  2. HBO Comedy SD or HD
  3. 5 Star Max SD or HD
  4. Outer Max SD or HD
  5. Action Max SD or HD
  6. Starz Cinima SD or HD
  7. Encore HD
  8. TMC Xtra SD or HD
  9. Travel HD
  10. E! HD
  11. Mav HD
  12. WGN HD
  13. VS HD
  14. Lifetime HD
  15. Lifetime Movie HD
  16. Hallmark HD
  17. Hallmark Movie HD
These are the wants and Must haves before I can Drop Dish Network.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)