DIRECTV CINEMA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
I know that Directv Cinema is no Netflix replacement but one I cancel the movie packages (free for 3 months) how many movies will really be available to me? Are the movies that I can download for free always available or just right now because I have the movie packages?

Skee7ix said:
So there are not really a lot of movies to watch for free, how they advertise, unless you have those packages?

Good point. They say over 6,000 movies and tv shows at no extra cost. I don't remember seeing if you have movie packages.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Good point. They say over 6,000 movies and tv shows at no extra cost. I don't remember seeing if you have movie packages.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

You can watch almost all shows that are on the regular everyday channels thru VOD, however they have to be IN thier season, example, USA shows NCIS, they are all repeats, USA VOD will not have NCIS available on USA.

However Psych (which is IN thier season) is available with ALL the episodes available for THIS current season.

Well, but his is how they advertise it...

"Get access to 400 of the newest movie releases, with new titles added every week. Nobody brings you movies faster — many available nearly a month before Netflix and Redbox. They're all in 1080p HD, the same format as Blu-ray[SUP]™[/SUP] and Dolby Digital Surround Sound. Plus, enjoy over 6,000 shows and movies at no extra charge. Watch as many as you want, whenever you want. So switch from DISH Network or cable to get the best, most convenient home theater experience with DIRECTV."

So that is not true?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts