DIRECTV Continues 3D Leadership

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sorry dang thing didn't keep my formatting. The Panasonic Plasma VT25 is the best thing on the mark in 3D so far. I have an LG 47LX9500. I read some horrible reviews about the 3D part of the TV before I purchased it. My plan was only to use the 2D features. I narrowed my search to the Vizo and LG because they both had 480 refresh rates and FULL LED's (47, 42 and 55 are edge lite LED's). I purchased the Vizo on Dec 22 and returned it on Dec 23. When I watched a 3D movie, saw halo's on the right and left. I was so turned off. The 2D picture was great, stayed up all night watching movies, wanted to see the difference in the 1080i that I had and this full LED tv. Now gun shy of LG because I had read that about LG in all reviews. But chose it because of LG's rep. I'm happy with my choice. My the TV arrived some of the bad comments were correct regarding the 480hz. Ok, I was able to live with them. On a whim, I ordered the 3D glasses they arrived on Tuesday. Put my movies in and was shocked, was expecting the same thing from LG as I got from Vizo...halos everywhere. That was not the case. It was perfect but it was far clearer 3D than the viso. It was like the movie theater. Don't know if LG fixed their issue with the firmware upgrade and new glasses AG S110. But I like it. Now know why news says kids eyes are going bad, because I didn't want to take my glasses off. Now I did see Vizo like halos in DTV program with animation boxing. But other DTV 3D programs have been great. Looking forward to watching ESPN3D tonight. Funny thing is I look at Samsung and Sony at Best Buy, went to multiple stores. Salespeople kept pushing me toward those tv's every time I asked about the LG then would say bad things about it. I even asked them to connect a Bluray to LG so that I can see it, they told them they couldn't BB didn't get the sale from me. BB would show content that would look best on Samsumg and Sony...they put trash on the other HDTV's to turn customers off. My advice do plenty of research before you make your choice. I researched for 5 weeks (spec sheets, HTDV Glossaries..etc) before narrowing down to LG and Vizo...thought Vizo had changed but they still put lousy components in their products.

Unfortunately, BB will run a loop of garbage regardless .... doesn't matter what brand TV.

I don't mind D* being the leader in 3D, seeing if they were not, everyone would be bitching about "Where's the 3D for D*"?

I DO wish they would get off thier a$$ and get more HD channels up and running.
That said, I'm pretty happy with what they have now for HD, theres a few other channels I'd like, but nothing that is OVERLY important to me.
They need to get more Cinemax channels or morph it into HBO and make them HD as well while they are at it.

I have been debating going with the Mistubishi DLP for 3D I think I am going to wait a bit untill Novemeber...But I must admit (even my wife was razzing me about it) I was one that at first said no 3D for me, I am starting to get into the hype, I guess thats why I am a "Satellite Guy" :)

PS....I would still like some new National non 3D HD :) But thats for another day

a couple of weeks ago my 46 inch panny went out. i too , said never to 3d. but for the money, it was hard to pass up. i went with the mitsubishi wd-60738. awesome hd picture and great 3d experience. the mit has the biggest best bang for your buck. if you get the 738/838 series, you will not need and a 3d adapter. love the 3d on direct and am looking forward to bulls game tonight on espn 3d.

Unfortunately, BB will run a loop of garbage regardless .... doesn't matter what brand TV.

I don't mind D* being the leader in 3D, seeing if they were not, everyone would be bitching about "Where's the 3D for D*"?

I DO wish they would get off thier a$$ and get more HD channels up and running.
That said, I'm pretty happy with what they have now for HD, theres a few other channels I'd like, but nothing that is OVERLY important to me.
They need to get more Cinemax channels or morph it into HBO and make them HD as well while they are at it.

i agree with you there. i just jumped ship from dish to direct. dish did have a lot more hd. but the pic quality for direct is noticeably better.

A neighbour has one and wondering why all the shows are not 3D. The sad thing he don't even a blu-ray or a video service that offers 3D.

Tell him all the show are not in 3D because of the same reason they tell boys not to spank the money...he would go blind.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts