DIRECTV Continues to Top Cable in American Customer Satisfaction Index

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
DIRECTV Continues to Top Cable in American Customer Satisfaction IndexEL SEGUNDO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 15, 2007--For the seventh year in a row, DIRECTV, the nation's leading satellite television service, received a higher score for customer satisfaction than all cable TV companies in the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI).
In this year's ACSI survey, DIRECTV posted an index score of 67, reflecting customers' overall satisfaction with the service, compared to the cable and satellite TV category, which scored a 62 overall. Customers surveyed by the ACSI in the first quarter of 2007 were asked about such issues as perceived quality, perceived value and their expectations prior to subscribing to the service. The ACSI also measures customer loyalty and retention.
"Once again, no other cable or satellite provider has a higher customer satisfaction rating than DIRECTV," said John Suranyi, president, DIRECTV Sales and Service. "We take great pride in that knowledge and our employees are to be congratulated. While we improved in some areas, we still have work to do in others to bring our performance levels up to where we believe they need to be to consistently exceed the expectations of our customers. We have initiatives in place to achieve that goal and further distance ourselves from the competition."
ACSI was developed by the National Quality Research Center (NQRC) at the Stephen M. Ross Business School at the University of Michigan.
Last year, DIRECTV was ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among Satellite/Cable TV Subscribers" in the 13-state Eastern region of the United States, according to the J.D. Power and Associates 2006 Residential Cable/Satellite TV Customer Satisfaction Study(SM).
Source: DIRECTV, Inc.

Actually DISH & DIRECTV both scored a dismal 67 so neither is #1. Seems like in school less than 70 out of a 100 was a C-(minus)

Cable got a 62 which means F !!!! 65% or less was an F for me in my school. And Directv is bragging about getting a 67. Yea thats something to be proud of!

Are you all done with your childish behavior? The darn thing is not your 5th grade math test! It is a Customer Satisfaction Index. D* scored higher than the cable Co.s....deal with it.:D

Are you all done with your childish behavior? The darn thing is not your 5th grade math test! It is a Customer Satisfaction Index. D* scored higher than the cable Co.s....deal with it.:D
My math test was free!!! My customer satisfaction for $130 per month should be in the 90's.Just because cables grade SUCKS,and Directv's grade Doesn't suck as bad,isn't what I'd call satisfaction. Directv scored a 71 last year.Thats not what I'd call progress!!For as big as Directv is , they should be no1.

Last edited:
Since Verizon FIOS is neither cable or satellite, does that mean it wasn't scored?

my customer satisfaction should be darn close to 100.

And mine is. That said, some get just terrible CS and probably give them a big fat 0. No way for any company to score that high unless they throw out the top and bottom. So if they would do that for maybe a third each way, I would think the scores would be in the mid eighties...

And mine is. That said, some get just terrible CS and probably give them a big fat 0. No way for any company to score that high unless they throw out the top and bottom. So if they would do that for maybe a third each way, I would think the scores would be in the mid eighties...
You right!!! but the fact is their customer satisfaction has been falling.Your only looking at "OH THEY BEAT CABLE"They both have Failling scores! Thats nothing to bragg about.I had Directv in 1994-1996.Dropped them because they had no Locals.Then got them back in 2002 (because there was no cable) again and still have them.I have alot of money in equipment and spend $130 per month on service,not including NFL.But 2 weeks ago one of my receivers went on the fritz.Called directv,they said we will send out a new one.I said Great,(19.95) Shipping. No biggy!! They said i would get a D11.Good . What do you think came ??? A D10 from 2005 with a manual for a D11. Customer service forgot to tell me they don't know what the warehouse will ship!I don't know if you would say she lied,or assummed! Instead she told me it would be a d11 new in Box.Lets just say they got an earfull!! Customer service is CLUELESS!!!! Thats there biggest downfall.I have alot of knowledge of their equipment and their programming already so it helps.But not everyone does!Thats where the trouble comes in because Directv can't answer 90% of the questions without looking at there computer. They need to be taught!

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts