Directv contract with Fox networks coming up...AGREEMENT REACHED

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just got the email from D* announcing the agreement reached with Fox. I have to say that I don't remember Charter Cable ever doing anything like that to keep in communication with their customers(at least not in my area). I'm not trying to knock E*,because I've never had them yet,but D* has not done me wrong yet & I do appreciate their messages & emails letting me know what's happening with upcoming programs & previews.

I got it as well in the last hour. :)

Same here; was trying to find my post from many days & days ago that "no way, no how, will we lose anything; take it to the bank!"

I don't know that it was dragged out at all.

The contract ended at midnight on the 31st I would guess and a new contract was agreed apon.

Thats how MOST negotiations go.

depends how you look at it. the actual contract was up on september 30th so in reality it took them a month after the contract expired to resolve it

The date we all knew and was posted on the D* guides was 11/1
On Halloweenie it was extended to 11/2 early morning then they agreed later that day

Iceberg said:
The date we all knew and was posted on the D* guides was 11/1
On Halloweenie it was extended to 11/2 early morning then they agreed later that day

The reasoning is because local fox stations were included in the agreement.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

So I guess this is how much FOX wants from its affiliates:
"Fox announced in 2010 it would require affiliate retransmission fees in 2011. The proposed fee schedule sought retransmission fees of 25 cents per subscriber per month in 2011, 35 cents per month in 2012, 42 cents per month in 2013, and 50 cents per month in 2014, according to those involved in the talks."
Fox Fee Demand Driving Away Affiliates | Media Matters for America

ckhalil18 said:
So I guess this is how much FOX wants from its affiliates:
"Fox announced in 2010 it would require affiliate retransmission fees in 2011. The proposed fee schedule sought retransmission fees of 25 cents per subscriber per month in 2011, 35 cents per month in 2012, 42 cents per month in 2013, and 50 cents per month in 2014, according to those involved in the talks."
Fox Fee Demand Driving Away Affiliates | Media Matters for America

Wow, no wonder they were potentialy gonna pull the Network... doubling your charge in 3 years ? Wow...
I wonder if we can find how much they actually settled for.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Yeah it's crazy. But I can only think of one reason they're doing this: Sports. Think about it. Fox just signed new contracts with the soccer leagues, the UFC, and with college football recently. Also, both the NFL contract and the MLB contract are coming up around 2013 and who knows how much FOX is willing to bid if they want to keep those contracts.

Yeah it's crazy. But I can only think of one reason they're doing this: Sports. Think about it. Fox just signed new contracts with the soccer leagues, the UFC, and with college football recently. Also, both the NFL contract and the MLB contract are coming up around 2013 and who knows how much FOX is willing to bid if they want to keep those contracts.

Never really realized how much fox is involved in the sports until this contract dispute came along

DodgerKing said:
Many local broadcast are on a Fox owned RSN. It was the local RSNs that were under negotiation.

You are right, I forgot about the NBA being on the RSNs

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)