Directv contract with Fox networks coming up...AGREEMENT REACHED

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Iceberg said:
So here is something interesting...

So I'm watching the hockey game on FS North and the scroll comes across the bottom....about the nets possibly being pulled and to check keepmynets.com
keepmynets.com is the Fox website.....

So I flip to Dish (same channel) and no scroll

So how the hell does Fox send one feed with the scroll and one without when there is only one feed available to satellite/cable co's?
I guess Fox has 2 feeds of each of the possible nets to be pulled. One for Directv that they run that damn scroll non-stop it seems like and one for everyone else.

Maybe it's all a giant conspiracy and D* is adding the crawls for Fox. Maybe it's all a hoax to give the appearance of the two companies fighting for the rights of viewers - ala "wag the dog". Yes, I'm joking but is it that far-fetched?

In the end we all know WE are going to be paying more. Fox will lower their fee demands and D* will agree to more than they are currently paying, ultimately using it as a justification for raising rates and passing the increase on to their subscribers. At the same time we will hear about how bad it "could have been".

I switched to Comcast yesterday and couldn't be happier. I cannot wait to get one of those four tuner TiVo's!!! I'm SO excited! And I can still watch American Horror Story!!!!

Tell me you didn't change services over something that MAY NOT ever happen ?

You were out the door regardless of the outcome here ..... your using this as an excuse.

Maybe it's all a giant conspiracy and D* is adding the crawls for Fox. Maybe it's all a hoax to give the appearance of the two companies fighting for the rights of viewers - ala "wag the dog". Yes, I'm joking but is it that far-fetched?

In the end we all know WE are going to be paying more. Fox will lower their fee demands and D* will agree to more than they are currently paying, ultimately using it as a justification for raising rates and passing the increase on to their subscribers. At the same time we will hear about how bad it "could have been".

Not really.

D* rates will go up a little as it does EVERY year in March, just like every other provider, regardless of the outcome here.

If D* managed to get the deal done at the same rate or less, do you think your D* rates would be going down ?

Iceberg said:
So here is something interesting...

So I'm watching the hockey game on FS North and the scroll comes across the bottom....about the nets possibly being pulled and to check keepmynets.com
keepmynets.com is the Fox website.....

So I flip to Dish (same channel) and no scroll

So how the hell does Fox send one feed with the scroll and one without when there is only one feed available to satellite/cable co's?
I guess Fox has 2 feeds of each of the possible nets to be pulled. One for Directv that they run that damn scroll non-stop it seems like and one for everyone else.

I think its possible. Remember when Dish had their dispute with OLN. OLN wanted to be on a higher penetrated tier, and Dish refused, so OLN sent Dish a feed without NHL games. Dish then pulled OLN.

OMGZZZ I'm SOOOOO excited for you!!! Now you can go away and never post in this forum again because you'll be too busy pleasuring yourself with your four tuner Tivo!!

No, seriously dude, we really don't give a s#!t. Get a life.
But it is a TiVo. That is like saying, "I cannot wait to get that turbo charge Model-T to compete with the Mustang"

I switched to Comcast yesterday and couldn't be happier. I cannot wait to get one of those four tuner TiVo's!!! I'm SO excited! And I can still watch American Horror Story!!!!
I just switched to D* this week from Dish knowing that this squabble was going on. Not that Comcast was an option, and Mediacom doesn't even make RSNs available in my community, one of the reasons I left them 2 years ago (the other was the price). I'm not going to make my decision on what provider to use based on these negotiating deadlines. I've been through this with every provider I've been with in the last 6 years. Eventually they will get it worked out. As long as I got to see the World Series I couldn't be happier!!!

Looking forward to nov 1st so we can get this over with. It will suck if my fsn is pulled for a bit but I will survive

This is no big deal to me. I subscribe to the select package so I don't get any of those channels that might be dropped anyway. And I realize that Fox News Channel is not included in this, but if they ever did drop Fox News then I would have to seriously reconsider my options since FNC is my favorite news channel.

I'm just tired of both sides making big profits and using the customers as their pawns.I don't care if its Direct,Dish,Uverse and the rest of the providers and networks are just as bad.

Got this fromdiretc in E-Mail just now...

We are diligently negotiating with News Corp and FOX through the weekend and are doing everything we can to avoid a disruption of the affected channels.

News Corp/Fox wants you to think you're going to lose your local FOX broadcast station and Fox News Channel. This is simply NOT true. You will continue to enjoy Glee, X-Factor, House, Bones, and all your other favorites on FOX without interruption.

We will continue to provide you with updates throughout the negotiations. In the meantime, please continue to visit OurPromiseToYou.com frequently as it is a great resource to keep up with the latest information on this issue.

Thank you for your patience and support as we work towards an agreement.

Sincerely,

DIRECTV

None, you can watch the game in SD as CI provides the SD feed. DirecTV is only responsible for HD. You can also watch the Red Wings on the opponent's HD feed, provided they're not an FSN that's also part of the dispute. Only Red Wings fans affected are those in the market, where CI broadcasts will be blacked out.

why will the local market feed be blacked out on CI?

Because that's how the blackout rules work. They want you to watch it on your RSN, and unfortunately the rules still apply when there is a dispute.

i understand that. However, i am watching the red wings game right now through the center ice feed and i'm in the local market. if the other fsn feeds for the other games won't be blacked out on the center ice feed when directv drops them on tuesday, why would the local market feed be blacked out on Center Ice too?

i understand that. However, i am watching the red wings game right now through the center ice feed and i'm in the local market. if the other fsn feeds for the other games won't be blacked out on the center ice feed when directv drops them on tuesday, why would the local market feed be blacked out on Center Ice too?

We still don't know IF they will drop the channels come Tuesday, they could continue to show them while extending the date, or come to a settlement ...

Last year around this time we where having the same issue with Fox/News Corp. Other cable companies had the same issue with them too. Rupert Murdoch is greedy and a crook. He and his company want more money then they really deserve.

Last year around this time we where having the same issue with Fox/News Corp. Other cable companies had the same issue with them too. Rupert Murdoch is greedy and a crook. He and his company want more money then they really deserve.
All companies want more money, including Direct. All companies try to save money, including Direct. They all try to maximize profits, as they should. This is not greed, it is business. Each side negotiates to attempt to profit the most. This is not greed, it is business

Who are you to decide what they deserve? Maybe DirecTv doesn't want to pay them what they are worth. It's called negotiation. It is a normal function of business.

All companies want more money, including Direct. All companies try to save money, including Direct. They all try to maximize profits, as they should. This is not greed, it is business. Each side negotiates to attempt to profit the most. This is not greed, it is business

I am not disputing this, but was it fair that YES network wanted more from DirecTV to keep it on the air? And all the backfire in NY was aimed at DirecTV.

Oh and Just turned on The CAR/MIN game on channel 708 and it had the commercial only with Dish Network having the same issues. Saying go to keepmynets.com

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts