Directv contract with Fox networks coming up...AGREEMENT REACHED

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i would never leave direct tv! but i am very interested to see where this go, and that why i asked about the NHL! i guess we will find out Tuesday

The only thing worth leaving DirecTV for is Verizon FIOS and maybe AT&T UVerse.

I have yet to come across a regular coaxial cable system with as many HD channels as DirecTV.

Bye? He could stay at SatelliteGuys and start posting at the Comcast Cable Forum.

Bye from Directv. If someone posts a legit reasoning on why they would leave a provider (like when I left Dish and got Directv) that is different
But to post that you are switching to Crapcast even though nothing has happened here yet basically means your mind is made up. Those posts get the answer I gave. Now if its been say 2 weeks after the channels are dropped well then that is a different story

I'm a DISH subscriber (for over 14 years). I'm perusing this thread because a friend of mine expressed concern for loss of FX and thus missing Sons of Anarchy and American Horror Story. My advise to her was to relax and that these disputes/negotiations are typically resolved in the eleventh hour. Regardless, I assured her I'd hook her up with any episodes she might miss.

Please don't take my question as anything but an honest, albeit probably naive, question. I'm not here to play fanboy.

It has been stated a number of times in this thread that DirecTV has a better track record for reaching a resolution prior to actually pulling the stations. Does DirecTV raise rates quicker and higher than DISH?

I'm a DISH subscriber (for over 14 years). I'm perusing this thread because a friend of mine expressed concern for loss of FX and thus missing Sons of Anarchy and American Horror Story. My advise to her was to relax and that these disputes/negotiations are typically resolved in the eleventh hour. Regardless, I assured her I'd hook her up with any episodes she might miss.

Please don't take my question as anything but an honest, albeit probably naive, question. I'm not here to play fanboy.

It has been stated a number of times in this thread that DirecTV has a better track record for reaching a resolution prior to actually pulling the stations. Does DirecTV raise rates quicker and higher than DISH?

After the DVR fee increases I don't see DISH ever losing the rate increase crown. Not really the thread for this though.

Bye from Directv. If someone posts a legit reasoning on why they would leave a provider (like when I left Dish and got Directv) that is different
But to post that you are switching to Crapcast even though nothing has happened here yet basically means your mind is made up. Those posts get the answer I gave. Now if its been say 2 weeks after the channels are dropped well then that is a different story
Iceberg, I enjoy your posts and I was just messing with you. Sorry.

Did DishNetwork ever settle with MSG? Not asking to be a smart alec. I waited for them to settle and when I missed a few Sabres games I switched to DirecTV and now that I've had D* a while I often wonder why I didn't switch sooner. :) MRV is awesome heheheh

I am not disputing this, but was it fair that YES network wanted more from DirecTV to keep it on the air? And all the backfire in NY was aimed at DirecTV.

Oh and Just turned on The CAR/MIN game on channel 708 and it had the commercial only with Dish Network having the same issues. Saying go to keepmynets.com
Do you mean Dish, not Direct?

joehandy2 said:
I switched to Comcast yesterday and couldn't be happier. I cannot wait to get one of those four tuner TiVo's!!! I'm SO excited! And I can still watch American Horror Story!!!!
Good for you.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

i understand that. However, i am watching the red wings game right now through the center ice feed and i'm in the local market.
Not exactly. DirecTV authorizes the receivers to tune the RSN and PPV channels that carry the games directly, and the 7xx channels are just guide listings with pointers to the source channel. Since your receiver is already authorized to watch FS Detroit because it's your local RSN, when you hit the 7xx pointer to that channel you can watch it.

if the other fsn feeds for the other games won't be blacked out on the center ice feed when directv drops them on tuesday, why would the local market feed be blacked out on Center Ice too?
Broadcast exclusivity. The networks like MSG, FOX SportsNet, and Comcast SportsNet all pay to have exclusive local broadcast rights of the game in the local market; this is important for advertising sales. Center Ice works as a package because exclusive broadcast rights are only sold for the local market, and the NHL is the ultimate owner of all of the game content. The NHL can sell you the feed to broadcasts in any market but your own.

Interesting....I just saw an ad on the local FOX station saying that they may also be pulled on the 1st. Not sure if this fear mongering from from FOX via the loca stations or what. I thought the locals were not going to be effected. Its the Tucson local KMSB.

Interesting....I just saw an ad on the local FOX station saying that they may also be pulled on the 1st. Not sure if this fear mongering from from FOX via the loca stations or what. I thought the locals were not going to be effected. Its the Tucson local KMSB.

Seen 1 or 2 FUD spots today, not long enough for you to even digest the information... just 'directv going to take your channels away, here's some shows, some channel logos and a website'.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

locals are NOT part of this...neither is Fox News

Kurt Sutter from SOA said Direct and FOX would be meeting all this weekend to try and get something done. I think it's safe to say nothing got done, we may be losing FOX for a while. I just don't see this getting done tomorrow if it hasn't all weekend.

I can't for the life of me see how this is legal. Fox is blatantly LYING to Directv's customers in an attempt to influence the negotiations. It's a textbook example of libel.

Less the 24 hours...looking at the my rsn tonight, no wings games on tonight

Maybe we can put a countdown clock on the website :) just kidding as I mentioned before ready for this to pass

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts